#20 OU vs TCU 6:30pm 2/23

Perkins also got 22 minutes which was good for her as she really needs time on the court. Now!!!

Cannot find info, anyone know? If Madi had been ejected in second half would she have been disqualified to play in the first half of the next game? Not sure where I heard something that made me think that was the case.

Cannot find info, anyone know? If Madi had been ejected in second half would she have been disqualified to play in the first half of the next game? Not sure where I heard something that made me think that was the case.

I don't know the answer to your question but it was a bs call.

Was she ejected?

Yes. During slight altercation between TCU player and Tucker, Madi was on bench and stepped on Court. I don't know if she stopped herself from going forward because she realized what she had a foot on or because the altercation stopped, anyway, from what announcers said you can't step a foot on the Court. Guess they are really strict about it.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to your question but it was a bs call.

I did not have a problem with it, if that is the rule and how it is routinely enforced. I actually thought Tucker should have gotten a technical. She shoved the other player in retaliation but certainly was not an auto reaction. I don't know about the ejection of the other player. I don't watch enough to know how much scuffling is allowed.

I also thought it was a bs call it appeared she was going to walk down to check into the game, not onto the court to join the “skirmish” which by then was over. I don’t know how it’s routinely called because it is so rarely called, I’ve never seen someone ejected in a woman’s game for that. My brother officiates basketball, he deemed it bs and said if the person in charge of officiating for Big 12 reviews it, the question that will come up is which referee brought it up first, that person will be held accountable for what was a wrong call.

I did not have a problem with it, if that is the rule and how it is routinely enforced. I actually thought Tucker should have gotten a technical. She shoved the other player in retaliation but certainly was not an auto reaction. I don't know about the ejection of the other player. I don't watch enough to know how much scuffling is allowed.

I agree! I felt, if any OU player should have been ejected or received a technical, it would undoubtedly be Tucker. She pushed the TCU girl after that girl swung and nearly hit Tot, who then also got involved, but it seemed Tucker was doing some talking to the TCU girl to get her that upset, I wasn't able to read her lips to see what she was saying. Needles to say, we don't have room for that on our team and I hope that's the last time this happens.

Moving forward, we need Lampkin, Scott and Gregory to play like they did last night against K-STATE Saturday. I watched quite a bit of their game against Texas last night and they looked just about as bad as we did against them. Lee appeared to be very sluggish and slow and I hope we decide to take advantage of that this time around. If I were those girls, I'd have a chip on my shoulder and something to prove going into that game and give it absolutely everything I had. This is the only game we have remaining I'm concerned about, as I believe we can beat KU & OSU. Fingers crossed we have some pride and handle business Saturday!

From what I understand it the player leaving the bench is usually only ejected if they go out on the court to defend a teammate or something like that. The bench was so close to the court that if you stand up you are nearly 'on the court'. I suspect that the TCU coach saw her step over the line and whined to the official. Madi was doing her best Taylor Robertson imitation last night. She hit 4 threes in the first 13 minutes of the game. The TCU coach thought it would benefit her team if Madi was gone. Sorry, no......:ez-roll:

From what I understand it the player leaving the bench is usually only ejected if they go out on the court to defend a teammate or something like that. The bench was so close to the court that if you stand up you are nearly 'on the court'. I suspect that the TCU coach saw her step over the line and whined to the official. Madi was doing her best Taylor Robertson imitation last night. She hit 4 threes in the first 13 minutes of the game. The TCU coach thought it would benefit her team if Madi was gone. Sorry, no......:ez-roll:

I agree. It was a horrible decision.

I see Oklahoma only losing 1 more game. That would be K State. Maybe the hype of players coming back and packing the middle. Might lead to beating them.

Unfortunately all of the ice on the roads will probably affect the attendance. I plan to be there cheering them on.

Back