2009-2010 starting line-up prediction (8.30.09)

I thought so too, but if Capel really wants WW to be the main point man, Pledger has a chance. He needs to be better than Davis/Willis.

I hate to say that I doubt WW, but I feel his move to the point won't be as natural as some believe. Agreed, the guy needs to have his ball in his hands, but if you read some of the camp reports from this summer, his distribution can lack at times. That reason alone is why I think TMG will get starts, and the fact he is the PG of the future.

Obviously, no one knows for sure on his development, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I hate to say that I doubt WW, but I feel his move to the point won't be as natural as some believe. Agreed, the guy needs to have his ball in his hands, but if you read some of the camp reports from this summer, his distribution can lack at times. That reason alone is why I think TMG will get starts, and the fact he is the PG of the future.

Obviously, no one knows for sure on his development, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Davidson, had to bite the bullet and let Steph play point...whats the difference...He's not a natural point,,,But the NBA wanted to see him do it...so the coach did it.

Davidson, had to bite the bullet and let Steph play point...whats the difference...He's not a natural point,,,But the NBA wanted to see him do it...so the coach did it.

Curry's role as PG wasn't to distribute the ball, it was too take a majority of the shots; mainly because the rest of his team sucked. OU has other scorers (including Pledger) that need to get involved on the offensive side of the floor.

That's the difference.

I still think, so long as TMG can be an average frosh PG, that WW best helps OU at the SG spot. I don't want him worrying about getting back on defense, or directing the offense. I want him scoring, and doing alot of it.

I hate to have TMG on the bench since he is such a great player....originally i had him starting at point with willie at the 2

The more I think about it I like having this lineup:

1) Warren
2) Crocker
3) Willis
4) Gallon
5) Allen

Of course most of you guys like cade better than willis so you could always swap those two out...I am just a big willis fan...

It boils down to the fact that warren will have the ball in his hands most of the time so why not have him bring the ball up the court....i think he should be the primary point guard whether tmg is in there or not...we can always have tmg spotting up for threes and help push the ball in transition

Curry's role as PG wasn't to distribute the ball, it was too take a majority of the shots; mainly because the rest of his team sucked. OU has other scorers (including Pledger) that need to get involved on the offensive side of the floor.

That's the difference.

Not true...if you go back 2 yrs ago on every major draft site they said "we have to see if Curry can run the point"...Really funny he was the point the next yr...i'm just saying

Last edited:
Back