C: Nick Thompson

vs.

PG: Tommy Mason-Griffin
SG: Willie Warren
SF: Tony Crocker
PF: Tiny Gallon
C: Ryan Wright

Who ya got?

Without seeing 2010 in action yet, I'd have to take 2009 in a landslide. Even though that was a dysfunctional team, they had a ton of talent.

Without seeing 2010 in action yet, I'd have to take 2009 in a landslide. Even though that was a dysfunctional team, they had a ton of talent.

The horrendous attitude of some of those players completely negated what talent they might have had. As someone stated in another thread, too many of the players on last year's team would have quit when they got behind last night. They had no heart and no work ethic. The 2010 edition at least appears to want to work hard and get better.

Ill take last years team against this team, but if we are playing a talented team I would probably take my chances with 2010, since at least we know we will get effort and they probably will not quit if they get behind.

It depends. If last years team cares when they play then last years. Proof of this is wins against osu, texas, mizzou, and arkansas. If last years team plays like they did most of the year, then this years team.

On the 2010 team, give me newell at the point, and I will take the 2010 team. Blari couldn't stay in front of tommy.

In theory, the 29 kids have more talent. But in reality and during the 209 season, Willie only had one functioning leg and thus couldn't defend, score or run. Gallon could only play hard for 3-5 minutes and then needed oxygen. He and Wright mostly played grabass adn not defense and would both have fouled out of virtually every game within a few minutes. Offensively, they were selfish and more worried about who was getting shots than getting a good shot by whomever. Crocker is the best player on the 2009 team, and in about half the games, he was a ghost, for reasons I don't know and will never understand. The kid was spectacular in one game and then would play a couple games where he just stood around and watched. He was that way his whole career. This might be a little unfair as he generally played defense consistently.

If Gallon and Tommy had stayed, been forced to compete, and gotten their heads on straight, they could and would have been really special I think. But, in 29, they were as much a part of the problem as the solution.

That 2009 team never existed due to injuries & suspensions so this is a troll question.

Back