2019-2020

sybarite

Reaction score
I can't say much, because I don't know of much that is at all certain. I get the impression that we will have the people on the roster now, and that is it. We had three recruits for 2019, Bloom, Smith, and Gregory, which is not really a bad class. We don't yet know how good Bloom might be. But, she has had a year to work with the team.

With Bloom, Lampkin,, Williston, and Simpson, we can't be any worse on the interior than we were. There is a chance that Bloom might add something we haven't seen. Lampkin may express some of the talent that she is thought to have. Williston may be of value with functioning legs. She does have size. Simpson is a reserve at best. We will have to see if there is any progress.

If we are recruiting a post, it must be someone from overseas. I haven't heard of anyone in this country that we are recruiting. I would like to see someone in 2021 or 2022 that is somewhat of a post. OSU and TCU did want Williston.

I think the forward and shooting guard positions will be well-manned. Liz and Madi are probably the two best athletes on the team. They can work the boards, play defense, score. Madi had 8 boards per game as a freshman forward. We have had a lot of posts who didn't get 8 boards a game. I understand that Liz is a better scorer than Madi. I think we are solid here for the next three years.

Then, we have Ana and Gabby. I think they will be scorers who can have each other's backs. One of them should be hot. Gabby may work better inside whereas Ana isn't that great inside But, we may be better from ten to twenty feet than we have been. I think Taylor may fit in here. But, she is different, more of a spot shooter. She may rotate more into relieving the point at times. But, these are our scorers.

Lemon, Murcer, and Veitenheimer? I think we may see Tatum emerge, especially if Liz and Gabby emerge. It would let Tatum do what she did best, feed scorers. I was a bit disappointed with her offense. At times, it looked like Jessi was better on offense. But, she was weak on defense. No idea on Lemon.

If you look at this group, it includes Ana, Gabby, Madi, Liz, and Tatum who were highly-ranked by Prospect Nation, as were three transfers: Dungee, Mulkey, and Pellington. We actually should have a decent team, if they had all worked out. How many teams have eight Prospect Nation-ranked players? For that matter, how many have five?

We were just young. I wonder what would have happened if we had had Peyton, Maddie, and Vivi here and added, Madi and Tatum. Would They have assimilated their talent more easily?

Back