2025 Recruiting Thread

There has to be something going on. Not one big-time college basketball school has recruited him, and he is going to fall in our laps? hmm, seems weird.
UConn offered him this past week. That might qualify as a big time school.

The reason he’s falling in our laps is he wanted To reclassify as a 2024 and get immediate PT this year. All those big time schools that were interested didn’t have room for 2024 and didn’t have the unique circumstance to move one of their starters to a NIL scholly/walk on. Kentucky recruited him. The rest of the big time offers were for 2025.

Look at his film in summer leagues. The Peach Jam. The recruiting rankings. The list of 2025 offers.

The kid can play.

Don’t be skeptical. Nice to be on the right side of “circumstances” and have some good luck in recruiting for once.

He will probably not play at all, then xfer out after 1 year. Moser never plays freshman.
What a effin trash take. And of course the one like you get is from the board idiot. Moser has played any freshmen who are ready to play. Cooper obviously wasn’t…proven by the list of schools that went after him when he entered the portal. Los played a TON as a freshman…Oweh played a lot at the end. Gtfo

There has to be something going on. Not one big-time college basketball school has recruited him, and he is going to fall in our laps? hmm, seems weird.
He had plenty of great schools recruiting him. We got fortunate that he decided to reclassify late and also apparently wants to play a major role immediately.

I do worry that Moser’s reluctance to trust young players may be an issue, especially with him not having the benefit of a full summer on campus and practicing with the team.

UConn offered him this past week. That might qualify as a big time school.

The reason he’s falling in our laps is he wanted To reclassify as a 2024 and get immediate PT this year. All those big time schools that were interested didn’t have room for 2024 and didn’t have the unique circumstance to move one of their starters to a NIL scholly/walk on. Kentucky recruited him. The rest of the big time offers were for 2025.

Look at his film in summer leagues. The Peach Jam. The recruiting rankings. The list of 2025 offers.

The kid can play.

Don’t be skeptical. Nice to be on the right side of “circumstances” and have some good luck in recruiting for once.

Yea...he had offers from
Providence
Tennessee
Arizona
Michigan
Michigan State
Florida State
Iowa
Illinois
Creighton
UConn

This is just dumb luck something happened to possibly work out for us (assuming he commits)

But he is exactly the type of player everyone keeps pining over here that we never get....and some people are still skeptical about the kid. Oh well.

He had plenty of great schools recruiting him. We got fortunate that he decided to reclassify late and also apparently wants to play a major role immediately.

I do worry that Moser’s reluctance to trust young players may be an issue, especially with him not having the benefit of a full summer on campus and practicing with the team.

The fact he hasn't played FR is a legit concern.....but he also hasn't had one as talented as Fears.....so hopefully Fears changes that.

I’ll be thrilled if we sign him

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

The fact he hasn't played FR is a legit concern.....but he also hasn't had one as talented as Fears.....so hopefully Fears changes that.
In 1921-22, Cortes averaged more than 10 minutes per in 30 games as a freshman. Noland averaged more than 12 minutes per in 33 games. Mason averaged six minutes per in 18 games.

In 1922-23, Oweh averaged just over 12 minutes per in 28 games played and Uzan averaged more than 28 minutes per in 32 games.

Last season, Northweather averaged more than eight minutes per in 25 games. Cooper averaged 4.5 minutes per in 15 games.

One poster on this board complained vociferously about Cooper's limited minutes, but the offers he received in the portal suggest it wasn't a misstep on Moser's part to limit his action. He may pick it up as he matures, as did Mason, but both took a big dip in the level of competition they are/will be facing.

Last edited:
In 1921-22, Cortes averaged more than 10 minutes per in 30 games as a freshman. Noland averaged more than 12 minutes per in 33 games. Mason averaged six minutes per in 18 games.

In 1922-23, Oweh averaged just over 12 minutes per in 28 games played and Uzan averaged more than 28 minutes per in 32 games.

Last season, Northweather averaged more than eight points per in 25 games. Cooper averaged 4.5 minutes per in 15 games.

One poster on this board complained vociferously about Cooper's limited minutes, but the offers he received in the portal suggest it wasn't a misstep on Moser's part to limit his action. He may pick it up as he matures, as did Mason, but both took a big dip in the level of competition they are/will be facing.
You think playing guys 8-10 mins per game is a lot? And you can use my name rather than the passive aggressive “one poster” comment.

I agree, although his ranking isn’t THAT much higher than some of the other 4-stars we’ve had. The other hard part to figure is how to factor in the reality that he is arriving a year ahead of schedule. But on a roster desperately needed talent, getting him would be huge.

Also, Luke played zero seconds as a true freshman.

LOL when I was a college coach I had a freshman PG that played 20 minutes per game and was upset with his playing time and couldn't understand why I suspended him for three games for making derogatory comments about his professors on social media.

moser is fighting for his coaching life, has hopefully his highest recruit ever just fall into his lap, and some think moser’s not going to play him? come on, now. this dude is going to have the keys handed to him until he proves otherwise.

holy smokes. LFG.

You think playing guys 8-10 mins per game is a lot?

It's a lot more than "doesn't play freshmen" implies. Plenty of talented freshmen are not ready to play more that. I don't see anyone on that list that should have played more. Maybe--maybe--Oweh, but he was playing out of control early in the season and wasn't contributing much. I think Moser managed his playing time that season in an appropriate fashion. When Oweh had settled in and was deserving of more minutes, he got them.

We don't really have a lot of guards coming back that are proven to play at an SEC level of basketball this year. So if Fears and Forsyth aren't getting minutes we either got way better transfers than anything thinks or they are huge disappointments. I would guess at least one of the 2 starts and the other plays plenty of minutes.

He'll play, obviously. Too good not to.

You basically have a 5 guard rotation at the 1/2.

Duke Miles
Kobe Elvis
Brycen Goodine
Jeremiah Fears
Dayton Forsythe

There will be different variations, of course. May see three smaller guards at times. Could see Jadon Jones or Jeff Nwankwo play some "2". It'll be interesting to see. I don't see Fears propelling OU that much further up the SEC standings but considering where this roster is, Fears will clearly help (unless something crazy happens).

About 2 hours until announcement.

Last edited:
He'll play, obviously. Too good not to.

You basically have a 5 guard rotation at the 1/2.

Duke Miles
Kobe Elvis
Brycen Goodine
Jeremiah Fears
Dayton Forsythe

There will be different variations, of course. May see three smaller guards at times. Could see Jadon Jones or Jeff Nwankwo play some "2". It'll be interesting to see. I don't see Fears propelling OU that much further up the SEC standings but considering where this roster is, Fears will clearly help (unless something crazy happens).

About 2 hours until announcement.
I don't think you can play Forsythe. That dude is not good enough to get minutes over the others.

Back