#21 OU vs #4 Baylor Noon 3/12

Another reason to be thankful for leaving the Big XII. The semi-finals of the Big XII tournament are on EPSN+. I will be able to see it but a lot of people won't. Browsing through the listings, the Big XII is the only Power 5 conference that has the rest of their conference tournament games on ESPN+. I'm sorry, but that is a great big FU to the Big XII women's basketball fans. Shame on ESPN and the Big XII.

Last edited:
Another reason to be thankful for leaving the Big XII. The semi-finals of the Big XII tournament are on EPSN+. I will be able to see it but a lot of people won't. Browsing through the listings, the Big XII is the only Power 5 conference that has the rest of their conference tournament games on ESPN+. I'm sorry, but that is a great big FU to the Big XII women's basketball fans. Shame on ESPN and the Big XII.

You are 100% spot on. Money grab for the Big 12.

Too much Nylassa Smith. She is just to big and athletic for us..a bad matchup for us with our lack of size. Now we have to hope Bickle didn’t cheap shot Skylar into an ACL tear.

Last edited:

It is rediculous.....

Some of the TV problems are self inflicted. With all the other Men’s conference championships going on this weekend there aren’t enough channels to get the women on. Should have played last weekend like the rest of the P5 conferences.

Some of the TV problems are self inflicted. With all the other Men’s conference championships going on this weekend there aren’t enough channels to get the women on. Should have played last weekend like the rest of the P5 conferences.

This and the fact the OU and Texas did not support having a Big 12 network.

Too much Nylassa Smith. She is just to big and athletic for us..a bad matchup for us with our lack of size. Now we have to hope Bickle didn’t cheap shot Skylar into an ACL tear.

Bickle should be a drama major.

I like to read RebKell's Junkie Boards because fans of lots of other teams post there. This is what someone posted during the game:

Bickle appears to be a real a**.

Last edited:
I would love to know what was going on between Jennie and Nicki and the refs during the time they were reviewing the play in which Vann was injured.

I never imagined a day that I would dislike a coach in the women's game as much as I disliked Kim Mulkey. Enter Nicki Collen... same scowl combined with an amazingly LESS likable personality. Would be curious to know what that conversation between she and Jennie was late in the game.

I would love to know what was going on between Jennie and Nicki and the refs during the time they were reviewing the play in which Vann was injured.

Whoops! I just posted my reply and saw this! I would as well...

I never imagined a day that I would dislike a coach in the women's game as much as I disliked Kim Mulkey. Enter Nicki Collen... same scowl combined with an amazingly LESS likable personality. Would be curious to know what that conversation between she and Jennie was late in the game.

+1

I'm just guessing......but I would think maybe Jennie was telling the refs that the foul should have been intentional. Bickle seemed to throw her shoulder into Vann. Baylor coach was disputing that version????

:OU-logo:

Just watched the highlights...https://soonersports.com/watch/?Archive=8051&type=Archive

Jennie could have been complaining about Bickle's dirty plays.....

Watch the highlights....with 1:51 left in the third quarter, Bickle pushes Madi in the back after the play is virtually over. Should have been reviewed and I think Jennie should bring it to the conference's attention.

Last edited:
Jennie also acted like she was surprised with what a ref was saying to her..like she was being told she could get a technical or something..

We will probably never know, but I am curious about all of the interactions during that period of review.

Last edited:
I thought I noticed it live and confirmed it on the highlights - at around the 3:20 mark Jennie is telling the official "Don't touch me. Don't touch me." Couldn't tell what Collen was saying to her as she walked over, but it looked like an assistant pulled her away. Not a fan.

It appears that Collen has a lot more in common with Mulkey that it appeared at first - and that's not a compliment.

I thought I noticed it live and confirmed it on the highlights - at around the 3:20 mark Jennie is telling the official "Don't touch me. Don't touch me." Couldn't tell what Collen was saying to her as she walked over, but it looked like an assistant pulled her away. Not a fan.

I went to the replay link and could not determine what she was saying. I then went to ESPN+ to rewatch the entire incident. What I saw that I hadn't in the game was that when Jennie ran out to check on Skylar, she pulled a couple of Baylor players out of her way to get to Vann. I don't know if that had anything to do with what the coaches were arguing about. You may be right that Jenni told the refs not to touch her, I don't know. It also looked like she was questioning them about ONE ref or more blaming her for something or threatening her with some type of penalty. She had her hands up like she was going "me?" while she replied.
Pretty sure she and Nicki had some kind of words. Just weird.
And Bickell ran over to check on and/or apologize to Vann sometime during this..maybe when teams went back to the floor.

Oh well, unless someone gets the inside scoop, guess I will be left with wondering what all transpired

I went to the replay link and could not determine what she was saying. I then went to ESPN+ to rewatch the entire incident. What I saw that I hadn't in the game was that when Jennie ran out to check on Skylar, she pulled a couple of Baylor players out of her way to get to Vann. I don't know if that had anything to do with what the coaches were arguing about. You may be right that Jenni told the refs not to touch her, I don't know. It also looked like she was questioning them about ONE ref or more blaming her for something or threatening her with some type of penalty. She had her hands up like she was going "me?" while she replied.
Pretty sure she and Nicki had some kind of words. Just weird.
And Bickell ran over to check on and/or apologize to Vann sometime during this..maybe when teams went back to the floor.

Oh well, unless someone gets the inside scoop, guess I will be left with wondering what all transpired

Yep, the argument between Jenni and Nicki was about Jenni pulling the Baylor players out of the way to get to Skylar. Can't post link but on soonersports.com is the video of the coach, Taylor and Madi talking to.the media. It was the first question asked...
what was going on between she and Nicki and maybe some Baylor players.

Don't know about problem with refs. To me she just seemed surprised by what they were saying to her.

Last edited:
Back