A couple of thoughts

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
- Tony Crocker is reaching Corey Brewer status when it comes to toughness. Are you kidding me? His heart is contagious and is spreading to other guys on the team.

- Really proud of Tiny, O, and Fitz for being so supportive from the bench. There were some great camera shots of Tiny getting fired up from the bench.

- Think of how good of an on the ball defender that TMG can be by the time he is through at Oklahoma. He does a really nice job of staying glued to his man without bumping.

- Big time rebounds by Crocker, Ryan Wright, Willie, and Cade (that was something else) to seal this win.

- Coach Capel did a masterful job of switching defenses and choosing when to call his timeouts. I thought he handled the Tiny situation well, but sometimes there is just not much you can do.

- That strip by TMG at the end of the game was sweet poetry. What a gutsy play by a true freshman in his second road game.

- Nobody should ever, ever question Willie's toughness or desire. I agree that he sometimes handles his emotions the wrong way, but the guy loves his teammates and pours his soul out for this team. He takes an incredible amount of punishment. Than you, Willie Warren.

whew, I am so glad we got this win. :woot

Tiny was great on the bench, he really wanted that win.... The guy scored 9 points in 9 minutes. I think OU would have won by 10-12 or so in regulation if Tiny could have played 20 minutes.

Great thoughts. Crocker is showing he can be a consistent rebounder even against bigger players. And, I don't see anything different in Willie's attitude/emotions than what we used to see from Crocker all the time. IMO we win this game much easier if Tiny gets to play.

on switching D's: i only had the game on BBsr/Houck audio but we come out in the 3-2 zone and Boylan immediately calls TO.

that's dictating the course of play. great job. :jcapel

I agree that Capel did a nice job on switching defenses. The zone really seemed to work well in the 2nd half.

Well said!:clap
-Crocker is showing great desire on rebounds.. he is the glue guy this year.
-Davis's energy and effort is great, wish Willie's on court demeanor was like Cade's...
-I hope Wright paid close attention to how those big Utah white boys played big.. He looks like Tarzan but plays too small...
-I love TMG, when things start with him offensively good thing usually happen.

Well said!:clap
-Crocker is showing great desire on rebounds.. he is the glue guy this year.
-Davis's energy and effort is great, wish Willie's on court demeanor was like Cade's...
-I hope Wright paid close attention to how those big Utah white boys played big.. He looks like Tarzan but plays too small...
-I love TMG, when things start with him offensively good thing usually happen.

I really think that Crocker believes that he is a four now. He has totally bought in which is great to see.

Awesome stuff by Crock. He is leaving it all on the court embracing the challenge of his senior yr.

Tiny was great on the bench, he really wanted that win.... The guy scored 9 points in 9 minutes. I think OU would have won by 10-12 or so in regulation if Tiny could have played 20 minutes.

I agree we were clearly the better team in that game when Tiny was on the floor.

One more thought that I would like to add is to give Ryan Wright a thumbs up for his effort today. I know that he still plays smaller than he should in the post, but here was his stat line today:

34 min, 7 rebs, 1 blk, 3 stls, 0 TOs, and 3 points on three shots. Solid imo.

One more thought that I would like to add is to give Ryan Wright a thumbs up for his effort today. I know that he still plays smaller than he should in the post, but here was his stat line today:

34 min, 7 rebs, 1 blk, 3 stls, 0 TOs, and 3 points on three shots. Solid imo.

If he commits to rebounding and playing with thew intensity that he showed today, he will help this team this yr. I also applaud him for his effort.

I believe that this team has figured out that it won't be easy against hardly anyone. The lesser teams play lights out because they come in with no pressure. This team has 100% more intensity than we saw in Alaske, and IMO, that is a credit to Coach, Cade, and Crock, who stepped up their intensity. I also love how the youngsters seem to have bought in to the raised intensity.

If he commits to rebounding and playing with thew intensity that he showed today, he will help this team this yr. I also applaud him for his effort.

I believe that this team has figured out that it won't be easy against hardly anyone. The lesser teams play lights out because they come in with no pressure. This team has 100% more intensity than we saw in Alaske, and IMO, that is a credit to Coach, Cade, and Crock, who stepped up their intensity. I also love how the youngsters seem to have bought in to the raised intensity.

Great post! The difference in intensity is night and day! I thought you targeted the right men as well. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like TMG might also have argument for being in that list for intensity contributors. Its almost like a light switched on, and went to 200% capacity! haha

I'm a huge fan of Willie. The only things I wish he would do is look to drive every time he gets the ball. He draws fouls and finishes shots really well. The body language also bothers me. He probably doesn't even consider something like that during the game, but announcers have mentioned it a few times. I know, all announcers suck. Finally, this goes to the uber sensitive people on the board...just my opinion. I'm a huge fan of Willie and he came up big today.

I'm a huge fan of Willie. The only things I wish he would do is look to drive every time he gets the ball. He draws fouls and finishes shots really well. The body language also bothers me. He probably doesn't even consider something like that during the game, but announcers have mentioned it a few times. I know, all announcers suck. Finally, this goes to the uber sensitive people on the board...just my opinion. I'm a huge fan of Willie and he came up big today.

Willie has come up big in a good number of games this year. Today was certainly one of those days. Really, when this team played well, today, it was a TEAM effort. Which is a great thing to see. I have seen some good TEAM efforts the past 4-5 games. Capel has this team headed in the right direction!

:jcapel :clap :woot

Agreed. I'm just glad they pulled this win out. Hopefully, we can build on this. I'm still expecting a few more bad ones once big 12 play starts up, but I expect a pretty salty team by tourney time. At least we all feel better than we did during the Alaska trip.

Back