About time.....

SoonerfanTU

Banned
Reaction score
Forget about how "well" we played, the thing that excited me the most about tonight is that we FINALLY played hard, and with some passion. We played like the game meant something.

And alot of that started on defense, and with Crocker especially.

A lot of things to like about tonight. One game doesn't prove much (we were improved against a bad AR team too), but hopefully the guys are buying in. I still worry a bit about our offense. Good thing the deep 3's were dropping early, b/c we weren't really putting ourselves in a position to get much else. I like this team running more sets, like they did in the 2nd half.

was a fun game to watch. looked like the team that was supposed to show up two weeks ago.

These aren't talentless teams either.

I'm going to dispute that statement as soon as bigabd tells us how bad a team Arizona is.

True. But I also don't think we've played anybody that is a lock for the NCAA tourney. VCU will likely be the best team in their conference, but they'll still probably have to win their conference tourney. Houston probably won't get in ahead of TU and Memphis. Ark isn't a tourney team. Zona may or may not be, but they wouldn't be in today. SD isn't.

I know we can only get better and beat who is on our schedule, but let's not act like we're beating good teams all the sudden. IF we play like we did today going forward, we're a tourney team for sure. I still don't think we're 3rd in the Big 12, but we'll be Dancing.

I'm going to dispute that statement as soon as bigabd tells us how bad a team Arizona is.

Well, they have lost 4 of their last 5, with the lone win coming in OT against Colorado.

Not sure how anyone could call them a "good" team. :eek:

Arkansas is 2-5 and Arizona is 3-4...

The team has played well, but these are under .500 teams right now. If you are under .500 going into Christmas you are in trouble, lol.

Ummm, ABD has been right about OU's play. I'm not so sure I'd be mocking his knowledge.

if we have a fair share of wins in the latter half of the season and make a run in the big 12 tournament, will the ncaa committee look at improvement over a season?

if we have a fair share of wins in the latter half of the season and make a run in the big 12 tournament, will the ncaa committee look at improvement over a season?

No. Your last 10 games are important, but that is more as a comparison against other bubble teams, or for seeding. Obviously going as close to 10-0 over that stretch as possible is preferable, but unless we're on the bubble, and the other bubble teams all struggled down the stretch, it really isn't THAT big of a deal.

Ummm, ABD has been right about OU's play. I'm not so sure I'd be mocking his knowledge.
He said Willie Warren isn't a lottery pick. (granted this has yet to be decided) And he picked OU to lose today.

Bigabd has spoken and now I can officially say that we beat a bad Arizona team. By the way, some of you might lighten up.:D I've never had anything but respect for bigabd....or DM, TU or many of the other frequent posters on this board.

Bigabd has spoken and now I can officially say that we beat a bad Arizona team. By the way, some of you might lighten up.:D I've never had anything but respect for bigabd....or DM, TU or many of the other frequent posters on this board.

How much respect for me.....say, on a scale of 1-10?!?

I don't know that means, and thebigabd knows I tend to post half facetiously. He's right more than he's wrong. No big deal to predict one game wrong, this team has been hard to predict, although they are playing better.

Sure Arizona or Arkansas aren't what they have been but the fact of the matter is the team played much improved basketball, didn't turn the ball over, and beat both teams soundly. Kansas beat a horrible UCLA team, worse than Zona and Arkansas, by what 12? If we had won by 2 points then I could buy the arguement that their bad teams but we beat them by a wide margin. This is a totally different team then the one that played VCU and in Alaska and the more they play together the more they will gel and get better and better.

Sure Arizona or Arkansas aren't what they have been but the fact of the matter is the team played much improved basketball, didn't turn the ball over, and beat both teams soundly. Kansas beat a horrible UCLA team, worse than Zona and Arkansas, by what 12? If we had won by 2 points then I could buy the arguement that their bad teams but we beat them by a wide margin. This is a totally different team then the one that played VCU and in Alaska and the more they play together the more they will gel and get better and better.

Quick.... I like THIS.

Back