After electric year, OU's Trae Young awaits the NBA Draft's call

TulsaWorld

Reaction score
From the Associated Press...

The realistic watching for Young should start with the No. 3 pick, owned by the Atlanta Hawks.

Atlanta worked Young out about a week ago, and the guard looked noticeably stronger than he was a couple months ago when his college career ended — he says he's packed on at least 10 pounds of new muscle since then.

The Hawks say their approach will be simple: They'll take the best player still on the board. Young knows it's out of his control.

"This is the first time in my life where I haven't gotten to pick where I'm going," Young said. "AAU, you get to pick what team you play for. College, same. Having to wait to see where you're going, it's definitely something different but I'm not nervous at all."

And when it's time to find his seat at Barclays Center for the draft, Young insists that he's going to savor the moment.

"If you looked back a year ago to now, nobody would think I'd be in this situation," Young said. "So just being here now, I'm just going to enjoy and relax and embrace it all. That draft night is going to be a great feeling for me."

Link

Back