SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, Aug. 22
7 a.m. -- Morning golf registration at Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club
8 a.m. -- Shotgun start for morning golfers
11:30 a.m. -- Afternoon golf registration
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. -- Lunch
12:45 p.m. -- Shotgun start for afternoon golfers
6:30 p.m. -- Dinner reception at Lloyd Noble Center
7 p.m. -- Tip In Club and Wayman Tisdale Scholarship Fund Dinner honoring 1,000-point scorers

Saturday, Aug. 23
Noon -- Alumni Legends Game (LNC east doors open at 11 a.m.)
Postgame -- Autographs and schedule poster photo shoot with fans

I wish they would find a way to do this on the first weekend of football instead. I feel like you could get a lot more people there at noon on the 30th.

Should be fun ...

Members of OU's 1,000-point club expected to attend this year's event include Chucky Barnett, Al Beal, Corey Brewer, Cary Carrabine, Tony Crocker, Aaron Curry, Cade Davis, Nate Erdmann, Terry Evans, Harvey Grant, Garfield Heard, Aaron Jack (representing his father, the late Bobby Jack), David Johnson, Choo Kennedy, Joe King, Stacey King, David Little, Scott Martin, Tim McCalister, John McCullough, Aaron McGhee, Brent Price, Hollis Price, Terry Stotts, Regina Tisdale (representing her late husband, Wayman Tisdale), Jan Warner (representing former husband Les Lane), Jeff Webster and Raymond Whitley.

Blake Griffin and Steven Pledger indicated they are trying to attend but have not yet been able to solidify plans.

Some of the many additional Sooners also scheduled to participate in this year's festivities include: Robert Allison, Mike Anderson, Alan Axley, Steve Bajema, David Barrett, Reggie Bass, Dick Bass, Chris Black, Joe Bogan, Paul Cloar, Elton Davis, Bill Dutcher, Ted Evans, Tom Flood, Beau Gerber, Paul Geymann, Sam Grooms, Del Heidebrecht, Skeeter Henry, Tim Heskett, Joe Holladay, Clifford Johnson, Howard Johnson, Jim Johnson, George Kernek, Rick Kersey, Jim Kerwin, Jack Lee, Phillip Leonard, Longar Longar, Ron Lynch, Dick Maxey, Mike McCurdy, Tom McCurdy, Rick McNeil, Mike Mims, Michael Neal, Tyler Neal, Kelley Newton, Bo Overton, Ted Owens, Ann Price (wife of the late Denny Price), Bob Pritchard, Major Perry Russell, Floyd Skarky, Renzi Stone, Jozsef Szendrei, William Tisdale, Billy Tubbs, Tommy Tubbs, Bryatt Vann, Jerry Vest, Chris Walker, Roland Ware, C.J. Washington, Chuck Watson, Quannas White, Craig Wiginton and Robert Wooten.

Several more former player commitments are expected.

I'm surprised not to see Bobby Joe Evans on the list. It's an opportunity to visit with his OU linebacker son Tay, and let his other son Bobby visit with the football team. Maybe Bobby is busy with pre-season practice in Allen Texas.

I remember all the members of the 1000 point club as a player except Lester Lane. I only knew of him as a coach. I was happy to see Ted Owens on the list. He was a great coach at KU who played for the Sooners. I wish Alvin Adams was on the list. Also, Romero Osby who must be playing pro ball. Jim Johnson used to post on the basketball boards sometimes.

I bet the weekend is a blast for all of those guys.

Would love to see Jackie Jones and Slim Patterson make it to one of these!

2nd year in a row we will be out of town for this. That sucks!

I wish they would find a way to do this on the first weekend of football instead. I feel like you could get a lot more people there at noon on the 30th.

Agreed. Something that morning and/or early afternoon would be perfect.

I think a basketball event on opening day of Sooner Football is a horrible idea.

Even many basketball fans, myself included, will not even have basketball on the mind that particular day. IIRC correctly, attendance for non-con games on Sooner football game days is even worse than usual.

Now if we had an on-campus arena, you might have something...

But since the LNC is in the middle of nowhere, and driving in Norman on gamedays is an absolute nightmare, you can count me out on that one.

Couldn't they play in the field house?

The LNC is not in the middle of nowhere. It is probably less than 1 mile from the football stadium.

I think a basketball event on opening day of Sooner Football is a horrible idea.

Even many basketball fans, myself included, will not even have basketball on the mind that particular day. IIRC correctly, attendance for non-con games on Sooner football game days is even worse than usual.

But since the LNC is in the middle of nowhere, and driving in Norman on gamedays is an absolute nightmare, you can count me out on that one.

Exactly. Unless its at the field house then stay away from a football Saturday!

LNC is on campus

Couldn't they play in the field house?

The LNC is not in the middle of nowhere. It is probably less than 1 mile from the football stadium.

It's 1.4 miles, which is further than people are going to walk on a 100 degree game day. It's a pain in the ass to drive over there on a game day. And it's far away from EVERYTHING. The football stadium is a convenient walk from restaurants and bars. The LNC isn't a convenient walk from anything.

I am enough of a basketball fan to check and post on these message boards (meaning I'm a bigger fan than 99.9% of OU grads), and even I'm saying an event like this is not going to be on my mind on the first OU football game of the year.

Last edited:
I don't have much of an opinion on when the alumni game is held. I just don't think the location of the LNC is that big of a deal.

It's 1.4 miles, which is further than people are going to walk on a 100 degree game day. It's a pain in the ass to drive over there on a game day. And it's far away from EVERYTHING. The football stadium is a convenient walk from restaurants and bars. The LNC isn't a convenient walk from anything.

I am enough of a basketball fan to check and post on these message boards (meaning I'm a bigger fan than 99.9% of OU grads), and even I'm saying an event like this is not going to be on my mind on the first OU football game of the year.

How can you say that bolded part? The LNC parking lot is full for every football game, and those people walk that 1.4 miles.

I remember going to one or two OU basketball games on the same day as a football game. And while I wouldn't say the turnout was any better than a normal game against a bad team, it certainly wasn't any worse. I think this alumni thing would draw a lot of people in that were already in Norman for football, but wouldn't ordinarily make that trip JUST for basketball.

I love OU basketball as much as the next guy, but I'm not driving down from Tulsa the week before the opening football game, to watch then scrimmage. But if they had it before a football game, I'd definitely try to make both.

How can you say that bolded part? The LNC parking lot is full for every football game, and those people walk that 1.4 miles.

I remember going to one or two OU basketball games on the same day as a football game. And while I wouldn't say the turnout was any better than a normal game against a bad team, it certainly wasn't any worse. I think this alumni thing would draw a lot of people in that were already in Norman for football, but wouldn't ordinarily make that trip JUST for basketball.

I love OU basketball as much as the next guy, but I'm not driving down from Tulsa the week before the opening football game, to watch then scrimmage. But if they had it before a football game, I'd definitely try to make both.

The people that park at LNC is a small fraction of the people that attend football.

It's pretty simple really. If the LNC was where people tailgated, putting bball events on football saturdays would be a hit. But with it being so far away from the tailgating scene, it is a bad idea.

Uh, maybe. But, I'm guessing that they ride the shuttle that 1.4 miles.

Uh, maybe. But, I'm guessing that they ride the shuttle that 1.4 miles.

Fair enough, that may be true. But the shuttle could take people to and from LNC for the basketball event too.

If they want to keep it a separate even, cool, I get that. But I don't think there would be a poor turnout if they decided to have it on game day. JMO.

Fair enough, that may be true. But the shuttle could take people to and from LNC for the basketball event too.

If they want to keep it a separate even, cool, I get that. But I don't think there would be a poor turnout if they decided to have it on game day. JMO.

You are right.

if the basketball arena was on campus we'd complain about parking and such.

glad to see some of those names.

Back