any recruitment news?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
Man recruitment seems to be real slow right now...do we have any visits set up? do we have our backup plans in place?

With jones and lamb waiting to take all visits we may not have as big of a shot as we think....Who might be our bigman we take?

Man recruitment seems to be real slow right now...

Get use to it man. Trust me. Capel is recruiting the big boys now and it's never a quick and easy process. This is how it's going to be. It's worth it though. It takes talent to win big and Capel is doing his part in bringing it in.
Now he just needs a little luck.

When we land one of these guys. It will make the wait even sweeter. As Cheno said. This is how recruiting will probably be from now on. Especially when you're waiting on the best. I believe we have a very good shot with both Lamb and Jones. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Patience my friends.... I don't have much of it, but I'm trying my best! We will land at least one of these kids!

Patience my friends.... I don't have much of it, but I'm trying my best! We will land at least one of these kids!
I believe we will get Lamb,for some reason i think if tj goes with his own decision it will be our program he should he see that OU bigs go #1 baby.I think Lamb will like to play with tiny again.

I believe we will get Lamb,for some reason i think if tj goes with his own decision it will be our program he should he see that OU bigs go #1 baby.I think Lamb will like to play with tiny again.

chico,

Welcome to the site! I agree that OU's best "in" with Lamb is Tiny. After getting to know Tiny since he has been at OU, it is easy to see why. The guy has a great personality and is an unselfish big man. He also is an excellent passer for a big.

With Cam and TJ already in the fold, I hope Coach Capel brings in a big with a mean streak that can rebound and defend at the 5.

I personally thought it was good news to see Barnes mention Capel in his comments about Duke.

I personally thought it was good news to see Barnes mention Capel in his comments about Duke.
You said a mouthfull when u said a mean big and thanks for the welcome i think the game has got away from the oldschool way of hiting the big down low and coaches seem to run more guards in their system and forget about the bigman its like shoot him the rock only if u dont have a shot u know what i mean,so the big has become a supporting cast instead of a true role player.I dont see too many mean bigs in the NBA,my opinion only that is why alot of bigs get hurt their Rookie year in the league because they were not prperly utilized for they true position which is rebound go back up strong,on offense rebound and kick out and rebound again when i played it was a big demand on a big and when i say a big i mean a true center.

You said a mouthfull when u said a mean big and thanks for the welcome i think the game has got away from the oldschool way of hiting the big down low and coaches seem to run more guards in their system and forget about the bigman its like shoot him the rock only if u dont have a shot u know what i mean,so the big has become a supporting cast instead of a true role player.I dont see too many mean bigs in the NBA,my opinion only that is why alot of bigs get hurt their Rookie year in the league because they were not prperly utilized for they true position which is rebound go back up strong,on offense rebound and kick out and rebound again when i played it was a big demand on a big and when i say a big i mean a true center.

You're definetely an old school guy like me. Alot of what has happened in what I call the "Jordan Era" has been pick and shoot basketball. The guards are forgetting the roll part of the game and just shooting off the pick. Basketball should be played from the inside out. The ball should go to the post and cutter cut off of the post entry and shooter spot up. That is what OU did last year. Now I'm also a big proponent of playing to your stregnth. I think OU will play through Tiny some, especially with him probably seeing single man defense early on. however if OU were to play 4 in 1 out or a 1-4 set with WW, I'm not against that.

You're definetely an old school guy like me. Alot of what has happened in what I call the "Jordan Era" has been pick and shoot basketball. The guards are forgetting the roll part of the game and just shooting off the pick. Basketball should be played from the inside out. The ball should go to the post and cutter cut off of the post entry and shooter spot up. That is what OU did last year. Now I'm also a big proponent of playing to your stregnth. I think OU will play through Tiny some, especially with him probably seeing single man defense early on. however if OU were to play 4 in 1 out or a 1-4 set with WW, I'm not against that.
I agree with you i believe if the team buy into the we system and not the I system they could go all the way.I think Willie will go top 10 regardless,but top10 with a championship priceless.

Just a sidenote. If was down on the field before the game standing next to TJ Taylor and he's a legit 6'4 or 6'5

Just a sidenote. If was down on the field before the game standing next to TJ Taylor and he's a legit 6'4 or 6'5

No he's not. you must be short. he's about 6'2 or 6'3. Nice size kid though. about 205 of muscle.

Back