Are we still in the mix for Julian Washburn?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Hale has a recruiting update on who OU is looking at, which talks about most of the names we've already heard about here. But one interesting name is Julian Washburn who moved from Duncanville, Texas to New Jersey this summer. Is this legit? Haven't heard us mentioned with him since he moved.

Hale has a recruiting update on who OU is looking at, which talks about most of the names we've already heard about here. But one interesting name is Julian Washburn who moved from Duncanville, Texas to New Jersey this summer. Is this legit? Haven't heard us mentioned with him since he moved.

That's a good question, 23. Unless something has recently changed ( I will admit that I haven't heard anything about how Washburn has done on the court since the move), Julian had not progressed the way that most of the recruiting gurus thought he would last summer. That is the reason that several Big 12 schools (including OU and OSU) decided to back off.

Metroplexhoops reported recently that Julian was back in Texas and with the way our recruiting seems to be going he cant be that bad of an option. If Tony can play the four I think Julian could as well.

Metroplexhoops reported recently that Julian was back in Texas and with the way our recruiting seems to be going he cant be that bad of an option. If Tony can play the four I think Julian could as well.

Interesting. Did they say what school in Texas? I remember a report Eric Bossi gave on his game a while back and said he was a nice inside-out forward prospect. Just watched some video of him and had some nice clips of him swatting some guys trying to post him up.

He is back at Duncanville according to the report and was suiting up for practice.
His little brother Chris moved back with him as well.

He is back at Duncanville according to the report and was suiting up for practice.
His little brother Chris moved back with him as well.

Great news. IMO, this is a nice development and a good option for us if true and we can get in the mix.

The fact that Washburn is uncommitted going in the spring signing period, puts him in position to make himself a hot prospect if he improves. He's still considered a tweener and is offensively behind. However, he is a big12 caliber defender and has shut down some big prospects this summer including Harrison Barnes. We might be able to use a defender like him to go along with Taylor to help shore up the perimeter problems.

I've been googling for news on Washburn daily trying to find out why he moved back to Texas and when/if he's going to play this year, but have found nothing. Anyone heard anything?

I've been googling for news on Washburn daily trying to find out why he moved back to Texas and when/if he's going to play this year, but have found nothing. Anyone heard anything?

That prep school was going to be a high profile school that would have gotten him alot of recruiting exposure that he was seeking is my thought. But if you're relegated to being a role player or coming off the bench, the exposure he would have gotten may have been bad exposure. He'd be featured more at Duncanville even with Perry Jones.

Back