Are we the worst team in the big 12?

pnkranger

Reaction score
we are the worst team in the big 12

if we finish 12th, is coach capel on the hot seat next year?

Re: we are the worst team in the big 12

No

if we finish 12th, is coach capel on the hot seat next year?

If OU finishes 12th, I don't know how that seat isnt hot this year. If you get blown out like this a handful of times that seat will get REALLY hot.

Losing close games is one thing, getting run out of the gym every night is another.

We are getting clowned on by ****ing BAYLOR.

...I mean if this is how we play the rest of the year, we might be.

And how does it seem that every team we play has their best shooting night of the year? I know we give up a lot of open shots and layups, but teams make a very high percentage of contested shots too.

Yes, no question about it. You have to want to win and we don't show any desire to do that. Baylor is very talented but they just ruined us. Embarrassing.

And by the way... I didn't want to say it earlier but, yes, I agree we are the worst team in the league this year and frankly that's unacceptable. That should never, EVER happen. A down year, finishing 6th to even 9th is one thing, but 12th is entirely another. And with all this blaming of Willie Warren going on, while it is warranted, a key thing is not being said. He was recruited by CAPEL with knowledge of past attitude problems.

This is Capel's ship and it's going down. Every player is his recruit, if you include Crock.

If we fire out a 4-12 in the league, which is looking more and more possible, then he needs to go to the tournament next year. If he doesn't I don't know if I bring him back. That would be two straight sub-par seasons with HIS PLAYERS.

I think he gets a free pass this year. But, if he can't get it done next year, then he might be gone. His only accomplishments would have gone primarily because his name wasn't Kelvin Sampson (the ability to get Blake Griffin). But, I'm not ready to pile on yet because I think he's a young coach who is still learning on the job. Not ideal, but it's reality and we have to grow with him.

Jeff messed up in recruiting and didn't get guys based off of how good they are at playing basketball. Some of that is the players that have left. This team is better if Chris Early, Tony Neismith, and others stick around. But we just don't have much div 1 talent right now.

I think he gets a free pass this year.

Why? He is in his 4th or 5th year? What coach gets a free pass in his 5th year at a program like Oklahoma?

Back