Arkansas thoughts........

Edmond_Sooner

Reaction score
Just got home and had some time to let the game sink in and wanted to post my thoughts...

I first want to appolagize to TU and ABD, i think i unfairly judge them because of their analysis at times and even though i dont agree with many of their opinions i sometimes think too highly of mine when in reality none of them are really valid from where we are in the grand scheme of things...

Ok thoughts....

First 17 minutes i felt this team was very stagnant on offense with little to no movement and other than a few post feeds to Tiny there was no threat to the Arkansas defense other than just missed 3's...

Defensively in that period i felt like they were really playing hard, TMG and Cade really set the tone...Rotnie is going to have nightmares tonight and might be looking for him to hand him the toilet paper when he goes to the bathroom, that dude played some inspired D...Only good looks Arkansas got were either off of offensive rebounds or when someone helped out Cade on a pick...

The last 3 minutes of the first half almost brought a tear to my eye, i just got through texting a friend of mine telling him i just wish they would play ball and stop thinking so much...we have way too many athletes to be passive...So on que Crocker lights up a couple and then the flood gates opened to send the crowd into a frenzy ending the first half...

The Second half i felt we came out strong and continued the dominance on the defensive end as well as we were pretty consistent on the offensive end until about 9 min left when we went through a lull...

That is when the closer got involved, and even though WW missed several free throws he ran that pick and roll like a pro...the dish to Wright was nice...

Arkansas is bad, really bad...but we did what we needed to do...blow them out and basically it was never a game after that run to end the first half...

Arizona will be a much different test, that guard for the Cats is nice...he impressed me against Colorodo in the Maui tourney...

I'm a little worried about our 4 guard lineup, looks like that is what Capel is going to stick with...it could work out with the mismatch it will create on other teams with more size, but if teams take advantage of the mouse in the house we might be in trouble come conference play...really depends on how good our offense gets and if we can start to play a little more up tempo...

See everyone Sunday...:OUbball-logo:

BTW....Our leaders are Crocker and Cade

Good post. Croc and Cade do seem to be emerging as this teams leaders on the courts. Hopefully we will be this happy with them on Sunday.

Good post. Croc and Cade do seem to be emerging as this teams leaders on the courts. Hopefully we will be this happy with them on Sunday.

I think the big key with Crock and Cade that makes them the leaders is that their energy and intensity is the same each game, whether they end up having a good game stat-wise is irrelevant...we just need guys like them to lead by example each game reguardless of performance....

Exactly, and hopefully that consistency in effort will be a stabilizing force for this young team. Them taking up that role could really fill a leadership vacuum this team had.

Great breakdown Edmond. I do believe that Croc and Cade are providing the best leadership as of right now. I hope they keep it up.

Back