Arkansas & Tubby

IndySooner

Reaction score
Any chance this is the reason for the timing? Arkansas is reportedly close to signing Tubby Smith.

I would love love love to see us get him but i don't see us being able to pay him. He is a 3.3 million now at Minnesota.

I am shocked that Minnesota is paying that much for a basketball coach.

Tubby will completely revitalize the Arkansas program.

Pretty nice salary for a coach who was not among the seven Big 10 teams selected for the tournament.

his last few years at kentucky were not that impressive. also he wasn't bringing in the calibre player that the cats are use to. why would he be such a savior for the OU program?

Not sure why you would leave minnesota if you're making that much. You basically go from a place that is thrilled to just make the tournament once every 2-3 years to a place with some of the most insane fans outside of football fans in Alabama.

Not sure why you would leave minnesota if you're making that much. You basically go from a place that is thrilled to just make the tournament once every 2-3 years to a place with some of the most insane fans outside of football fans in Alabama.

perhaps the answer lies within the question....

great response. besides, who wants to spend the winter in minn.?

I lived there for 11 years after growing up in Oklahoma and even went to grad school at the U of M. I took a job transfer because I could not take the winters any longer...you could not pay me to go back...

Back