Aspen

rocjunkie

Reaction score
Went to the Broken Bow/Muldrow game last night to watch Aspen play and get an idea of what we are getting. She was 5-10 from the field 1-3 from the free throw line, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals. Aspen is a true 6'5, her biggest problem is her teammates. Bless their hearts, they couldn't make a pass to the post if their lives depended on it. The lack of fundamentals on the team was pathetic. Aspen has a good body for her size. She does not play aggressive. She does have soft hands, catches the ball well, but gets it taken away from her too. Sweet shot from 18' feet in and uses the glass well. She is a true project, but not worthless. If she is willing to work hard and can be taken under Pam's wing, she can develop into a good shot blocker and valuable asset off the bench. At this juncture, I don't see her as a starter, but could give good minutes off the bench. She needs a solid year of fundamental work before I think she can play solidly in the Big XII. I can see why we offered her, there just aren't that many 6'5 girls out there. I would have taken the chance on her. I wish we had Vivi one more year to work with her in the post.

The Collins girl from Muldrow is the real deal. She goes about 6'1, and for a sophomore, she is really solid. Can play 2 through 4. She is someone the OU staff needs to watch, can jump out of the gym, and defends well.

Last edited:
Went to the Broken Bow/Muldrow game last night to watch Aspen play and get an idea of what we are getting. She was 5-10 from the field 1-3 from the free throw line, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals. Aspen is a true 6'5, her biggest problem is her teammates. Bless their hearts, they couldn't make a pass to the post if their lives depended on it. The lack of fundamentals on the team was pathetic. Aspen has a good body for her size. She does not play aggressive. She does have soft hands, catches the ball well, but gets it taken away from her too. Sweet shot from 18' feet in and uses the glass well. She is a true project, but not worthless. If she is willing to work hard and can be taken under Pam's wing, she can develop into a good shot blocker and valuable asset off the bench. At this juncture, I don't see her as a starter, but could give good minutes off the bench. She needs a solid year of fundamental work before I think she can play solidly in the Big XII. I can see why we offered her, there just aren't that many 6'5 girls out there. I would have taken the chance on her. I wish we had Vivi one more year to work with her in the post.

The Collins girl from Muldrow is the real deal. She goes about 6'1, and for a sophomore, she is really solid. Can play 2 through 4. She is someone the OU staff needs to watch, can jump out of the gym, and defends well.
Coaches love left-handers for shot blockers.

Good report.

Back