Balbay out for season

Losing Balbay is the best thing that could happen to Texas. Barnes loves the guy and so plays him, but he is absolutely terrible. This will force Barnes to play his better players.

My dad hired and fired a bunch of coaches during his life and he used to tell me that the single biggest difference between coaches is the commitment level they choose to impose on their teams. He said the second biggest difference between coaches was the level of organization they had. He said the third biggest difference was the most suprising of the three, and that is that many, if not most coaches, are too close to their players to really know who their best players are. He said they allowed "coaching things", as he called them, to interfere with their judgment about who should play.

In my opinion, Balbay is an example of this. He simply isn't the best player, but likely because of his effort, unselfishness etc, barnes likes him and perceives of him as his best option. Or on the other hand, I'm wrong and he is their best point guard.

Losing Balbay is the best thing that could happen to Texas. Barnes loves the guy and so plays him, but he is absolutely terrible. This will force Barnes to play his better players.

Feel for the kid, but a friend of mine and I were having this same conversation Saturday night before we went out. UT wasn't going anywhere with Balbay at the point, if you could of swapped injuries at the beginning of the year between him and Ward, you would do it in a heartbeat.

Balbay was a great defender.

Feel for the kid, but a friend of mine and I were having this same conversation Saturday night before we went out. UT wasn't going anywhere with Balbay at the point, if you could of swapped injuries at the beginning of the year between him and Ward, you would do it in a heartbeat.

Balbay was a great defender.

He really shut down TMG.

I think Balbay is a good player but I also think this may make Texas better. I sure wish I had been a bad player like Balbay.

He really shut down TMG.

Not many people have. TMG is a really tough assignment, quick, low-center of gravity, nice step back and elevation on his jumper.

Just watch the OSU/UT game in Stillwater...Anderson goes off in the first half on Bradley. Balbay steps in from the start of the second half and shuts him down. He is the best defensive perimeter player in the conference.

Back