Beat A Good Team With Basically 5 Players!

WaymanFan

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully, Tony will be okay, and Tiny decides to return from an early semester vacation. Who would have predicted OU would win without getting a single point from our second and third leading scorers? Not me, but I'm not complaining.

A big hand for those 5 guys who showed up to play: WW, TMG, Cade, SP and Ryan! The cumulative effort was INCREDIBLE!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Mizzou's the kind of team a 4 guard lineup can work against and we had 4 that were able to gut it out today. Crocker was definitely missed and that can only add to our confidence in the future.

It was a gutty win. Davis playing at the level he did with the flu was amazing. The freshmen are growing up; Tiny will be fine, just takes time. I'd like to see Willis and Fitzgerald get more minutes but I guess they're just not as good as Coach Capel would like them to be to see the floor at this point.

Warren played more under control but still made some ridiculous plays. I just wish he would buy in to the team concept more instead of trying to impress the NBA scouts as it's backfiring on him so far. He can get into the lane almost at will and if he did it under control he could avg 5-7 assists a game as well as use his body to draw contact and get to the line more as opposed to 25 footers with 30 seconds on the shot clock.

Mizzou's the kind of team a 4 guard lineup can work against and we had 4 that were able to gut it out today. Crocker was definitely missed and that can only add to our confidence in the future.

Winning without Tony is HUGE!

Now let's kick some ass on the road.

The freshmen are growing up; Tiny will be fine, just takes time.

Maybe I'm being a bit tough on Tiny, but loved the way he played against OSU, and really was expecting him to build on that. Still, that doesn't remotely put a damper on a GREAT EFFORT from the guys in crimson & creme who were gave it all on the court.

I would expect Tiny to have problems in this game. He gets a pass in my book as long as he comes back with zeal next time.

If you had told me before the game that Tiny and Crocker would combine for a whopping 0 points, I wouldn't have even watched the game because I'd have figured that Mizzou would destroy us. Willie Warren, Ryan Wright, and Cade Davis were exceptional this afternoon.

Back