Best returning trio's in the Big 12 next year...

thebigabd

Reaction score
This could change with NBA announcements... Hopefully OU can keep their young trio together next year and they all eat a gigantic piece of humble pie after getting beat so often this year.

1.) MU: Kim English, Laurence Bowers, Marcus Denmon
2.) K-State: Jacob Pullen, Jamar Samuels, Curtis Kelley
3.) OU: TMG, WW, Tiny Gallon
4.) CU: Cory Higgins, Alec Burks, Marcus Relphorde
5.) BU: Ekpe Udoh, Lace Dunn, Anthony Jones

This could change with NBA announcements... Hopefully OU can keep their young trio together next year and they all eat a gigantic piece of humble pie after getting beat so often this year.

If you are going to include Uhoh and WW then you should include Xavier Henry. With that I would put KU in the Top 5 with Henry, Morris, and Taylor.

Great post big.

And if OU's trio play at the top of their game they could be #1 on that list.

Henry looks ready to go and would be the highest jayhawk taken IMO. When CBS kept showing the replay of his jumper with his toe on the line in slow motion, that's all you need to see. The perfect jumpshot. Looked like Derek Fisher in his prime elevating.

Re: Best returning trQio's in the Big 12 next year...

Quincy Acy for Anthony Jones. Gallon was very impressive today. He's a first rounder. He has skills you just can't teach. If he wants to work hard, he could be a top 5 pick.

I enjoyed my visit to LNC today. I know the way the season has turned out has been a tremendous disappointment for OU fans. But I thought the arena was great and the fans were gracious hosts.

I'm real interested to see how TMG responds in Austin on Monday. UT is wounded and he may be able to light them up. Carter and Walton are very good defenders. And Baylor's size makes the dribble penetration tougher to finish.

I saw Big Time at the game. He was classy as always. I'll be pulling hard for OU against the evil empire.

Quincy Acy for Anthony Jones. Gallon was very impressive today. He's a first rounder. He has skills you just can't teach. If he wants to work hard, he could be a top 5 pick.

I enjoyed my visit to LNC today. I know the way the season has turned out has been a tremendous disappointment for OU fans. But I thought the arena was great and the fans were gracious hosts.

I'm real interested to see how TMG responds in Austin on Monday. UT is wounded and he may be able to light them up. Carter and Walton are very good defenders. And Baylor's size makes the dribble penetration tougher to finish.

I saw Big Time at the game. He was classy as always. I'll be pulling hard for OU against the evil empire.

DFW, who replace Tweety next year? Do you think that's going to be a pretty big dropoff?

DFW, who replace Tweety next year? Do you think that's going to be a pretty big dropoff?

AJ Walton and Stargell Love. AJ is a good defender and will run the team well. The offense from him is a question mark. Tweety will be missed. It has been a special season for me to watch my Bears. Great chemistry and high character kids.

Just Udoh and Dunn as a combo would be ranked higher than 5th in this group of trios. Throw in the "potential" of Jones (which is essentially what you are doing with Gallon) and there is no way that group is 5th.

However, Udoh is long gone so there is no use putting him in this list.

Just Udoh and Dunn as a combo would be ranked higher than 5th in this group of trios. Throw in the "potential" of Jones (which is essentially what you are doing with Gallon) and there is no way that group is 5th.

However, Udoh is long gone so there is no use putting him in this list.

If he is top 15, he will go. And he should. But right now he has probably slipped to late 1st; early 2nd round. His offensive game needs polish and he needs to get a lot stronger. This could change with postseason play or performance at the camps this summer. But it is up in the air as to whether he goes pro. Gallon would likely be rated higher by the pro scouts right now. Not because he is a better all around player at this point. But the potential is higher for Gallon.

If he is top 15, he will go. And he should. But right now he has probably slipped to late 1st; early 2nd round. His offensive game needs polish and he needs to get a lot stronger. This could change with postseason play or performance at the camps this summer. But it is up in the air as to whether he goes pro. Gallon would likely be rated higher by the pro scouts right now. Not because he is a better all around player at this point. But the potential is higher for Gallon.

There is no way in heck Gallon would be rated higher than Udoh right now other than for the fact he's younger. The NBA values athleticism way too much and Udoh has way more than Gallon. I think Gallon can work his way into a Top 15-20 range but unless he becomes a Kevin Love type rebounder I can't see any way he ever gets into the lottery.

I think Udoh can actually make a lot of money by coming back if he can really work on his offensive game and put on some weight. He is probably Top 20 right now but could move into the lottery with a big SR year.

If Aldrich is a lotto pick this season, then so is Udoh. Udoh is at least 6-10 with more athleticism than Aldrich. He has already sat out a year so he ain't gettin' any younger and the NBA knows this. He won't be coming back.

I don't know what to think about Udoh. The thing that jumps out is he puts up big numbers and looks great against weak competition and disappears against good competition many times. With his build he's an NBA PF and I just dont see him far along enough offensively to be a good starting PF. I think he'd be a great energy guy off the bench. If I'm an NBA team I don't know where to draft him though.

No disrespect Cheno, but I like Udoh better than Aldrich. Aldrich will get drafted ahead of Udoh like all 7ft guys get drafted ahead of 6'10 guys, but, Udoh has everything you want from a power foward. He's quick, he's strong, he moves very fluidly, he can attack the rim off he dribble, he's a good onball defender, he's a good off ball defender, he has good 15-18ft touch, so he can be a great pick and pop forward in the NBA. The main weakness in his game is post footwork and in the NBA, most of the post play is executed buy the SGs and SFs on Isolation plays. As for Aldrich, he's a good shotblocker and off ball defender. I like his hook shot. But their are guys in the NBA that will make Aldrich get DNPs throughout his career. Okur is a bad matchup, Gasol is a bad matchup, Howard is too much physically, Kevin Love will be tough as well. Udoh is a guy that can play both positions in the league. I see Udoh being gone after this year or atleast testing the waters. He will grade high in the camps.

yeah, i don't have any idea where he would project to be drafted, but udoh looks like one of those defense/rebounding 4s that lasts a dozen years in the nba. i don't know if he needs to have any offense other than hitting open jumpers.

No disrespect Cheno, but I like Udoh better than Aldrich. Aldrich will get drafted ahead of Udoh like all 7ft guys get drafted ahead of 6'10 guys, but, Udoh has everything you want from a power foward. He's quick, he's strong, he moves very fluidly, he can attack the rim off he dribble, he's a good onball defender, he's a good off ball defender, he has good 15-18ft touch, so he can be a great pick and pop forward in the NBA. The main weakness in his game is post footwork and in the NBA, most of the post play is executed buy the SGs and SFs on Isolation plays. As for Aldrich, he's a good shotblocker and off ball defender. I like his hook shot. But their are guys in the NBA that will make Aldrich get DNPs throughout his career. Okur is a bad matchup, Gasol is a bad matchup, Howard is too much physically, Kevin Love will be tough as well. Udoh is a guy that can play both positions in the league. I see Udoh being gone after this year or atleast testing the waters. He will grade high in the camps.

Which Gasol? It's funny because you just listed guys who would also destroy Udoh. :) The bottom line is Aldrich will be a Pryzbilla type player in the NBA, he will play really well when matched up against true C's and will block shots and rebound but if you get him against a team that uses a guy who can really move he will struggle.

I like Udoh too but I think in another year he could be a lotto pick. Of course that is maybe putting too much pressure for him to develop at Baylor and who knows if that's possible. Either way I think he's a 1st round pick and will be a long term player in the NBA.

Which Gasol? It's funny because you just listed guys who would also destroy Udoh. :) The bottom line is Aldrich will be a Pryzbilla type player in the NBA, he will play really well when matched up against true C's and will block shots and rebound but if you get him against a team that uses a guy who can really move he will struggle.

I like Udoh too but I think in another year he could be a lotto pick. Of course that is maybe putting too much pressure for him to develop at Baylor and who knows if that's possible. Either way I think he's a 1st round pick and will be a long term player in the NBA.

I guess you missed the part where I said Udoh can play two positions on the next level. I think the OKC Thunder have the protype of what is needed by centers in this league. They have a midrange shooter in kristic that can bring shotblockers away from the paint, they have a shotblocker and follow up dunk rebounder in Ibaka who comes in with alot of energy, and they have a role playing guy in Collison who sets screens, gets offensive rebounds, draws charges off of help defense, and battles a little bit defensively. Aldrich could do some Ibaka/Collison things. He's not going to be able to cover a guy 18ft away from the basket. Udoh can. He can't run the floor well. Udoh can. Udoh on a day where Udoh doesn't match up with maybe a bigger center, which there are few in the NBA, he can match up with a four. Looking at the top power forwards and centers, Paul Gasol, Bynum, Stoudamire, Bosh, Howard, Aldrich, David Lee, Okur, etc, Udoh's going to guard those guys alot better than Aldrich can. Even some of the guys who may be bigger than Udoh like Marc Gasol, Randolph, Nene, etc, I even like Udoh to use his quickness to offer challenges for that. Aldrich doesn't have alot of advantages over Udoh. He may not even be stronger than Udoh.

I agee about Udoh. He is very versatile and has can shot block with the best of them. I think he can play in the league. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I appreciate the respect you give to Mizzou, but English, Bowers and Denmon aren't the best returning trio. The potential is there to possibly be the best trio next season, but they haven't done enough to be there yet.

The best group on that list is clearly Baylor IMO (but I doubt that trio returns next season, so it's moot).

I don't see how you can put any 3 OU players on that list. KU will have 3 guys better than our top 3.

No offense Big but that list is a joke. Mizzou #1 is more of your sunshine pumping. They wouldn't even be top 5. Sorry but every time I watch Kim English I think he's alright but he's just a gunner that doesn't give you anything else. Bowers is okay. Average. He didn't even score a point yesterday. And Denmon doesn't even start and is your classic gunner as well. He scores big against crap teams and does absolutely nothing against good teams. All 4 of the other teams you listed are above Mizzou. KU is high on this list don't know why you left them off. Texas with Bradley, Brown & Hamilton are better than Mizzou's. OSU has a case with Pilgrim, Moses, Page or Penn.

Back