Big 12 Officiating vs Other Conferences

htownSOONER

Reaction score
I dont quite have the time I once did, as a result I mainly watch OU games only. This is not a post to saywe lost because of the refs. This is a post to say I am enjoying watching the games a little less because refs are affecting the game on both ends of the court.

I have watched every big 12 OU game but Baylor. Here are my questions/thoughts.

The refs like to call a few fouls really early on both teams to establish the fact that they are refs. Are the other conferences doing it as much?

The refs like to call quite a bit of stuff away from the basket that does not really affect the flow of the game. Are other conferences doing this as much?

The refs sometimes let anything go under the basket, compared to outside the paint. Is this because they cannot see the fouls under the goal due to traffic, or fouls in the "open court" are easier to spot? Is this going on in other conferences?

I am really sick and tired of having play stopped so often by the officials. I would like to see them call more moving screen fouls and a heck of a lot less ticky tack defensive fouls.

Feel free to chime in.

I'm tired of looked like a foul fouls. And fouls where the guy calling it had no business calling it because he was too far away and had too many bodies between him and the action and another official right on top of it isn't calling anything. I'm really tired of, let's see what happens first and then decide if we're going to call a foul. Like, he hacked the guy but it didn't make him lose control of the ball so I won't call it here but when he barely swipes at him and it causes the TO, once I see that it caused the TO, then I'm gonna blow my whistle, etc.

Back