Blake charged with battery

SoonerBounce13

Reaction score
According to TMZ, the Clark County District Attorney has charged Clippers star Blake Griffin with misdemeanor battery for his role in an alleged assault in a Las Vegas night club last month. Griffin is alleged to have gotten mad at cameras flashing in his face while in Tao Nightclub, so he grabbed the phone and neck of Daniel Schuman. From a previous TMZ story on the incident:

Daniel says he didn't let go of the phone because his ID and credit card were attached to it — so Blake grabbed his neck and began to squeeze while demanding Daniel give up his phone "or else."

According to the statement, the two eventually separated after Blake took the phone — and when Daniel tried to ask for it back, Blake struck again ... grabbing his neck and squeezing for a second time.

Daniel says when security finally got to the scene — Blake told them, "Get him the f**k out of this club."

Daniel says Blake then "slapped me in the right side of my face."

It seems the entire Clippers team were with Griffin in the club, but none are alleged to be involved in the incident

I bet that made you smile, bounce. Still waiting for Sergio to get his TMZ story for assaulting Blake's "where the sun don't shine."

I live in Vegas and this stuff happens all the time. I am very surprised that it has went this far because everyone would be surprised how much crime that goes on in and around the strip that never gets reported. Stuff much worse than this. The clubs usually do a much better job of protecting celeb's from jerks like the one that got too close to Blake.

Last edited:
I thought this was in reference to Blake being the Terminator.

I live in Vegas and this stuff happens all the time. I am very surprised that it has went this far because everyone would be surprised how much crime that goes on in and around the strip that never gets reported. Stuff much worst than this. The clubs usually do a much better job of protecting celeb's from jerks like the one that got too close to Blake.

When I first moved to LV I learned that they lie about two things - crime and the weather.

I bet that made you smile, bounce. Still waiting for Sergio to get his TMZ story for assaulting Blake's "where the sun don't shine."

It does not make me smile to see a sooner great get in trouble with the law. It doesn't surprise me that this happened either.

Truly nothing. Blake should not have done it but this is truly nothing. He will get a standard plea deal and a slap on the wrist. The bigger issue is will this guy attempt to extort money from Blake by threatening or filing a law suit.

The fact that laws don't protect people from the paparazzi is just incredible.

The fact that this can be an "assault" at all is infuriating, too. If Blake had "assaulted" this guy, he wouldn't have left the club on a stretcher.

And the jackass with the camera will get rewarded for the whole thing with a legal license to extort Blake. Not sure what the standard amount is, but wouldn't be surprised if he walked away with $50k as a reward for his own poor behavior.

The fact that laws don't protect people from the paparazzi is just incredible.

The fact that this can be an "assault" at all is infuriating, too. If Blake had "assaulted" this guy, he wouldn't have left the club on a stretcher.

And the jackass with the camera will get rewarded for the whole thing with a legal license to extort Blake. Not sure what the standard amount is, but wouldn't be surprised if he walked away with $50k as a reward for his own poor behavior.

crimson glasses.

I'm not saying that the camera man didn't have it coming but to not classify getting your neck squeezed twice and slapped as assault is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Just to clarify, OU fans are OK with players punching women and choking cameramen.

crimson glasses.

I'm not saying that the camera man didn't have it coming but to not classify getting your neck squeezed twice and slapped as assault is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Just to clarify, OU fans are OK with players punching women and choking cameramen.

Not at all. I wasn't remotely ok with what Mixon did, and thought the situation was handled perfectly by the administration.

And it has nothing to do with Blake. It is a paparazzi vs. celebrity issue, Blake is just the latest in a long line who are instigated by behavior that should be criminal.

Not at all. I wasn't remotely ok with what Mixon did, and thought the situation was handled perfectly by the administration.

And it has nothing to do with Blake. It is a paparazzi vs. celebrity issue, Blake is just the latest in a long line who are instigated by behavior that should be criminal.

I don't think it was paparazzi though. From what I read it was a guy in the club with a camera phone. His ID was clipped to the phone and that was the main reason he was not giving it up.

Surprised it wasn't chalked up to a night club thing and no charges though.

to me it is still nothing. Blake over reacted and will pay a small fine and serve probation. I doubt anything more comes of it.

When I say this thread I feared a Ray Rice type situation and not necessarily violence towards a women just something more serious.

to me it is still nothing. Blake over reacted and will pay a small fine and serve probation. I doubt anything more comes of it.

When I say this thread I feared a Ray Rice type situation and not necessarily violence towards a women just something more serious.

I agree.

Back