Bob Barry Jr.

OUhoops11

Reaction score
Anyone hear the first few minutes of his show today? I nearly drove off the road.

Rips Capel for not being able to run a clean program this year. Wonders why Gallon was suspended and for how long, said no one has any idea why he's been suspended. Wonders why OU hasn't made an announcement on it yet

Then the kicker. Rips Willie for not playing. Said "You're sick and you can't play in Bedlam? Go get a shot and be a leader and play". Um, BBJ, the kid has mono, which BBJ obviously was unaware of. It's only been 48 hours since that was announced, I guess it's too much for him to be aware of what's wrong with WW.

Anyone hear the first few minutes of his show today? I nearly drove off the road.

Rips Capel for not being able to run a clean program this year. Wonders why Gallon was suspended and for how long, said no one has any idea why he's been suspended. Wonders why OU hasn't made an announcement on it yet

Then the kicker. Rips Willie for not playing. Said "You're sick and you can't play in Bedlam? Go get a shot and be a leader and play". Um, BBJ, the kid has mono, which BBJ obviously was unaware of. It's only been 48 hours since that was announced, I guess it's too much for him to be aware of what's wrong with WW.

Forget that Jay Leno lookalike.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you haven't already noticed, BBJ is a colossal moron. He has made some of the most idiotic and outrageous statements I have heard from ANYONE on the Animal over the past couple of years, and that's quite a feat. He has really embraced the "shock jock" persona.

If anyone remembers, Channel four use to have a barnstorm team of News4 employees that would go to High Schools and and play the alumni to help raise money for that school. Well BBJ was on that team and he'd have a little portion of it that they would show during the sports minutes. Well when he came to my high school, he knew we had pretty good alumni players. So this guy got about 5 or 6 ex Sooner athletic conference players from OCC, OCU, UCO etc to play against us. Not only that, he brought in Royce Jeffries. He ran the point and tried to look like bob cousy throwing assist to a bunch of all stars. Despite stacking the deck, nd whining to get bogus foul calls, his team still loss.

dude is a joke.

BBJ is an idiot! Really, he doesn't know why Tiny is suspended? Really, lets put WW out there with Mono! What are the chances we can get him in an octagon with me?

That guy is the biggest joke of a sportscaster there ever was. Last year his tv station ran some promo saying he had won sportscaster of the year of Oklahoma, or something to that effect, and I couldn't believe it. I mean everyone is better than he is, shoot I'd take JV Haney over him. He's pathetic and his radio show, and him in general, are unlistenable.

I don't know much about Jeff Capel's father, but I do know a few things:

He is not the reason Jeff Capel got a scholarship at Duke.
He is not the reason Jeff Capel was a starter a Duke.
He is not the reason Jeff Capel got the Head Coaching job at VCU.
He is not the reason Jeff Capel got the Head Coaching job at OU.
He does not employ his son.
He did not convince his emloyer to employ his son.
He is not the only reason why people listen to what his son says about college basketball, or any sport, for that matter.

Junior is a journalist. That's all you need to know. Is it a sad "commentary" on what news once stood for? Yes, but the rules have changed.

I heard it and while I usually like him he was dead wrong here. He should have known Willie had mono like THE REST of us. And while I understand he, as a Sooner fan, is frustrated he needs to be more professional and informed.

There's a reason it took him seven years to get through journalism school at OU.

I usually think that Mark Rogers is the true moron and that people are too hard on BBJ. If his opening to his show is as described, he has descended to true moron status.

Has anyone informed him about the Mono yet? Don't tell him it's Mononucleosis - too many syllables.

Last edited:
I am ok with everything he said except for what he said about willie...
I would also like to know what is going on with Gallon and I am also questioning capels ability to run a tight ship

It's not OU's responsibility to announce to the masses what is up with Tiny. Particularly when it's an NCAA compliance issue, as this is rumored to be. In fact, they may not be ALLOWED to talk about it. For anyone to come out and demand that OU release information about it to the public is beyond ridiculous.

It's not OU's responsibility to announce to the masses what is up with Tiny. Particularly when it's an NCAA compliance issue, as this is rumored to be. In fact, they may not be ALLOWED to talk about it. For anyone to come out and demand that OU release information about it to the public is beyond ridiculous.

It is against the rules to come out and say that it is a NCAA compliance issue? So far all we have are rumors...thats all I am wanting is for someone to come out and atleast say that about the situation

It is against the rules to come out and say that it is a NCAA compliance issue? So far all we have are rumors...thats all I am wanting is for someone to come out and atleast say that about the situation

What you want and the best way to handle the situation might be completely opposite.

His comments about Capel are perfectly justified. Capel has done a terrible job this year. Capel will be fired if he does this two or three years in a row. Anyone that will not admit that is refusing to be objective.

Capel has literally done one of the worst coaching jobs I have seen in D-1 this year (certainly the worst job at OU in 30 years). He has ample talent and had plenty of time yet his team generally gets run off the court when it is not playing in the LNC.

I dont' think this will continue for two years but assume it does. That would mean after six seasons Capel has 4 losing records in conference play, 4 misses on the post season (not just the NCAA Tournament), 1 season one game above .500 in conference play and a great season. You simply can't keep your job at OU doing that. That would be substantially worse than Gary Gibbs did as a football coach and rival John Blake and/or Captain Kangaroo (although Capel is not a jerk like Captain Kangaroo was).

I think there might be a bit of hyperbole in your post, but I will agree that if next year is similar to this he should be coaching for his job in 2011-12.

His comments about Capel are perfectly justified. Capel has done a terrible job this year. Capel will be fired if he does this two or three years in a row. Anyone that will not admit that is refusing to be objective.

Capel has literally done one of the worst coaching jobs I have seen in D-1 this year (certainly the worst job at OU in 30 years). He has ample talent and had plenty of time yet his team generally gets run off the court when it is not playing in the LNC.

I dont' think this will continue for two years but assume it does. That would mean after six seasons Capel has 4 losing records in conference play, 4 misses on the post season (not just the NCAA Tournament), 1 season one game above .500 in conference play and a great season. You simply can't keep your job at OU doing that. That would be substantially worse than Gary Gibbs did as a football coach and rival John Blake and/or Captain Kangaroo (although Capel is not a jerk like Captain Kangaroo was).

how does anything you just type relate to what BBJ said?

There's a reason it took him seven years to get through journalism school at OU.

Lots of people go to college for seven years!

034246_2.jpg

Back