Bob Knight calls out Calipari

What you have is Knight attacking both Kentucky and Calipari at the same time. He is saying "Calipari is a cheater and; Ky, why did you hire a known cheater to be your head coach?".

The bottom line is, neither Ky or Calipari can deny the statement because it's true.

John Chaney and Bob Knight are both "old school" basketball coaches who have come after John Calipari. I think Calipari represents the "new age" basketball coach that gets the best players at whatever cost, and the old school guys dont like it, and for good reason.

Calipari is a slim ball period. Yes Knight has his problems but he is serious about college rules. Knight is also very serious about student athletes being students. Callipari is not fit to be in the same room as Knight when it comes to coaching the game either. The guy buys players to win.

John Chaney and Bob Knight are both "old school" basketball coaches who have come after John Calipari. I think Calipari represents the "new age" basketball coach that gets the best players at whatever cost, and the old school guys dont like it, and for good reason.

Ha. Yeah, cheating never occurred before 1985. Ooo-kay.

You can say that Bob Knight never cheated. He may have been a major a-hole but his kids graduated and he played by the rules.

You can say that Bob Knight never cheated. He may have been a major a-hole but his kids graduated and he played by the rules.

But "not cheating" isn't what ethics is about entirely. Part of being ethical as a teacher of our youth is being a role model. You aren't an ethical teacher if you are an intimidating bully who throws temper tantrums and can't control his rage to the point of physically and verbally berating young men.
Sorry, but in the teaching profession there is nothing ethical about that.

But "not cheating" isn't what ethics is about entirely. Part of being ethical as a teacher of our youth is being a role model. You aren't an ethical teacher if you are an intimidating bully who throws temper tantrums and can't control his rage to the point of physically and verbally berating young men.
Sorry, but in the teaching profession there is nothing ethical about that.

I totally agree, I was just making the point that in the case that he was talking about he does have a pretty strong track record. Now, if he was telling Calipari to treat people better and to be more careful with guns that would be a different thing. :)

I think Knight is a difficult guy who gets down on anyone who doesn't cater to him.

However, he has alway ran a clean program.

And I think he is a good color guy.

I think he is right on with Caliari.

If I dislike Bobby Knight and Calipari, how should I side?

Reguardless of anyones opinion on Bob Knight, the guy did things the right way when it came to recruiting and education for his players...

I am also a Kentucky fan, and i cant stand Calipari...pretty much counting down the days until they go on probation, i'm giving it 5 yrs...

Sometimes it is refreshing for someone to speak out against a person in particular when we all pretty much know it is going on....better than saying this coach or that coach IMO...if you believe it, say it...not like either care if the other likes them...

Back