Both Cade and Crock need to rebound

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
at a very high level for us to have a chance. I am going to be curious to see if Coach Capel maybe doesn't start Tiny just to see how the refs call this game.

Crocker is going to have to come up big on the defensive end because I bet he draws Damion James.

I think Crock can battle with James. Maybe not as much on the boards, but he'll fight him. If we can make Texas a jump shooting team that would be a big plus. If we can keep them off of the offensive boards that would be an even bigger plus.

I hope Capel plays Wright and Gallon together as much as possible. I know fouls could mount up. But if we are behind because they are getting 2nd shots then it won't matter. Plus, if Wright or Gallon get in foul trouble we could always go small at the end of the game.

I think it's tough to ask Cade and Crock to hold their own on the glass against guys like Johnson, Hamilton, James, Pittman, Chapman, Wangmene, etc

I hope Capel plays Wright and Gallon together as much as possible. I know fouls could mount up. But if we are behind because they are getting 2nd shots then it won't matter. Plus, if Wright or Gallon get in foul trouble we could always go small at the end of the game.

I think it's tough to ask Cade and Crock to hold their own on the glass against guys like Johnson, Hamilton, James, Pittman, Chapman, Wangmene, etc

If you watched that OSU vs UT game, you saw that OSU went big. OSU's bigs however are not really "big". Their real athletic 6'7 and 6'8 guys. When they did that, Texas took Pittman out of the game because he couldn't match up well with either. That being said, I think Texas may slide James down some. Especially if they want to get Brown, Bradley, and Hamilton on the court together. That is our shot. We need to keep Balbay for playing in the lane and we need to make Brown Bradley and Hamilton Jump shooter and hope their not on. I suspect they'll go to a more offensive lineup since we have defensive issues.

If you watched that OSU vs UT game, you saw that OSU went big. OSU's bigs however are not really "big". Their real athletic 6'7 and 6'8 guys. When they did that, Texas took Pittman out of the game because he couldn't match up well with either. That being said, I think Texas may slide James down some. Especially if they want to get Brown, Bradley, and Hamilton on the court together. That is our shot. We need to keep Balbay for playing in the lane and we need to make Brown Bradley and Hamilton Jump shooter and hope their not on. I suspect they'll go to a more offensive lineup since we have defensive issues.

Youre right, they did play both of their post players together.....except when they were fighting with each other. :eddie187_jpg_xs:

Back