Bruce Pearl...WOW

The media blowing it up again. Not that big a deal. He didn't make a racist comment or anything. He said something that is true and something people in the South where he is at, unfortunately, still have to deal with.

So in your world it is cool to stereotype about white people in rural settings and that is not the exact same thing as stereotyping about black people in urban settings? I don't think what Pearl said was a huge deal, it was taken out of context but it is not really any different than what Don Imus said and Imus lost his career.

So in your world it is cool to stereotype about white people in rural settings and that is not the exact same thing as stereotyping about black people in urban settings? I don't think what Pearl said was a huge deal, it was taken out of context but it is not really any different than what Don Imus said and Imus lost his career.

What! Are you serious?
Don Imus called a group of black women...."nappy headed ho's".

How in the world is what Pearl said anything remotely close?
Who did Bruce Pearl insult?
How did he stereotype? There are Klan members in Tennessee. It's a fact.

Might want to find a better analogy.

Personally, I'm more offended by the average Cheno post, but I'm sure that's just my private peccadillo...

If someone called all of Oklahoma racist or something I guess I would be a little offended only because you can't characterize a whole state because of some people. Oklahoma definitely has it's share of racists, but it is clearly not everyone. That's the problem with stereotypes. It doesn't treat people as individuals... Just something to think about, but I don't think his comments were a big deal by any means.

Like it or not, Brucey P has authority to talk about these issues because he is going to these places. I don't neccessarily like the going to the "hood" comment, but the reality is that that environment is real. Now if you're Ryan Childress, the only white scholarship athlete in Tennesse, I wouldn't feel so good.

Back