Cade speaks on Capel

StoopsBros

Reaction score
Cade Davis speaks out on Capel
3/10/2011 10:31:12 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – I'll touch more on this tomorrow when I share several Oklahoma players' feelings for coach Jeff Capel and his future. This, though, I didn't think could wait...

It is Cade Davis' response when Carey Murdock of SoonerScoop.com asked him about the heat both Capel and the program were getting these days:

"I'm trying to make my answer nice," said Davis, OU's only senior who played his final game Thursday night. "I'd say that that they're not true fans and they aren't really focusing on the core values of what this program is built on.

"I think that this team has showed character and competitiveness and togetherness throughout the entire year, and I think we've done things that people didn't think we could do. I think this team is better than what our record has shown.

"I know that doesn't go over too well with fans, and they want wins and results. But I think this year was a big step toward getting this program back to where we were two years ago. With the players that they have coming back and the guys they have coming in, I think the program and the university have something very special to look forward to.

"In regards to Coach, I’ll stand up for him no matter what. He has my absolute utmost respect. I love the man to death. I think he's a tremendous coach, and I think he’ll have no problems and no worries about keeping his job next year."

-- Guerin Emig

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=12#10900

Kid is defending his coach. I would expect nothing less.

Plenty of true fans who have been so since before Cade Davis was born are unhappy with Jeff Capel.

Kid is defending his coach. I would expect nothing less.

Plenty of true fans who have been so since before Cade Davis was born are unhappy with Jeff Capel.

True, and True.

:OUbball-logo:

I think his point was that it's necessary to take a step back to take two forward sometimes.

I respect Cade a lot. Even more after reading that. But the program is at an all time low. We aren't even competitive against decent teams. Sounds like Capel is going to hang his hat on the fact that his team played hard this year and didn't quit. That should be automatic.

I do not believe Capel has a good vision for the program. We have no brand, other than being the team with enormous losing streaks. Over his five years, I'm not sure anybody could explain how we play or what we do. Not even Capel.

The fans are gone. The program needs life.

There were players that said similar things about John Blake. Jeff's 5 year record at OU speaks for itself. As the big tuna once said, it is what it is.

If a player has to defend his coach, something is dysfunctional.

I bet Cade is upset that Capel said OU needs better players.

There were players that said similar things about John Blake. Jeff's 5 year record at OU speaks for itself. As the big tuna once said, it is what it is.
"It is what it is, is defeatist."

-Charlie Sheen.

Cade Davis speaks out on Capel
3/10/2011 10:31:12 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – I'll touch more on this tomorrow when I share several Oklahoma players' feelings for coach Jeff Capel and his future. This, though, I didn't think could wait...

It is Cade Davis' response when Carey Murdock of SoonerScoop.com asked him about the heat both Capel and the program were getting these days:

"I'm trying to make my answer nice," said Davis, OU's only senior who played his final game Thursday night. "I'd say that that they're not true fans and they aren't really focusing on the core values of what this program is built on.

"I think that this team has showed character and competitiveness and togetherness throughout the entire year, and I think we've done things that people didn't think we could do. I think this team is better than what our record has shown.

"I know that doesn't go over too well with fans, and they want wins and results. But I think this year was a big step toward getting this program back to where we were two years ago. With the players that they have coming back and the guys they have coming in, I think the program and the university have something very special to look forward to.

"In regards to Coach, I’ll stand up for him no matter what. He has my absolute utmost respect. I love the man to death. I think he's a tremendous coach, and I think he’ll have no problems and no worries about keeping his job next year."

-- Guerin Emig

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=12#10900

I think this team is exactly what their record says they are. Jeff Capel's record compared to previous two coaches speaks for itself.

Two years ago we were in the Elite 8 and welcoming in what we thought was a terrific freshman class. Amazing the impact last year's flameout of the Warren, Gallon, TMG team will have on Jeff's career.

Just step down Capel, we don't want you. We want a winning coach. You are the worst coach we have ever had. You rode Blake's coattails as long as you could and the party is over.

Just step down Capel, we don't want you. We want a winning coach. You are the worst coach we have ever had. You rode Blake's coattails as long as you could and the party is over.
Who is we? More people on this board voted for him to be back than didn't.

Who is we? More people on this board voted for him to be back than didn't.
You would expect that the majority of people on a message board would be those who are irritated or angry. It is very interesting that the majority favored keeping Capel.

This board is full of sunshine pumpers. Look at the facts, he has been a dreadful coach. Every player on the team is here or not here because of Capel. He lost control of the guys last year and recruited the craptastic players on this years team.

I want Capel gone if it means we get a slam dunk to replace him. I dont want to fire him and then take another reach and it blow up. 10 years of bad coaching/basketball will be damn near impossible to overcome

Back