Clay Horning says OU sholuld call time out when opponent has a run

betterstill

Reaction score
I am not ready to jump on with this criticism. I think Jennie knows what she is doing.

Clay Horning of the OU Transcript:

"It’s hard to know why, but avoidable, regrettable stuff just keeps happening to this team and not only is it a mystery why, it’s a mystery why it’s allowed to happen.

"In the middle of that horrendous second-quarter span, though Baranczyk refused to call time, the game called one for her, a media break, in the middle of it.

"But when you’re the better team and you’re letting the other team hang around by enduring five straight empty possessions, wouldn’t you maybe want to talk about it before the game handed you a break?"

More:

"It’s disconcerting, because after blowing the chance to win the Big 12 regular-season crown outright with an entirely regrettable home-court performance against Texas and then having to go OT, still at home, to stop Kansas State, alarm bells should be ringing.

"You should be grabbing hold of your team, not just between games but during them."

Yeah, I read the article this morning and I thought Horning sounded more like one of the typically disgruntled OU fans that hang out on OUHoops than a supposedly-objective sportswriter.

Yeah, I read the article this morning and I thought Horning sounded more like one of the typically disgruntled OU fans that hang out on OUHoops than a supposedly-objective sportswriter.

That statement by Horning doesn't alter my already low opinion of him.

Back