Co-player of the game: Keiton Page

thebigabd

Reaction score
Without your 1-7 performance, I don't know how OU wins this game. You and Obi (the player of the game) were masterful in going 2-20 from the field tonight.

At what point does OSU's poor shooting have to do with a good defensive effort?

At what point does OSU's poor shooting have to do with a good defensive effort?

I was wondering the same thing myself. Big, if you're going to constantly pile on this team when the opposition lights us up, how about giving them some credit when they play well on defense and force the opposition into a lot of bad shots?

John Madden said it best back in the '90s when the Dallas Cowboys were about to beat the Packers and go to the Super Bowl. "Everyone wants to blame Barry Switzer for every loss. Well, then you better start giving him some of the credit when they WIN."

I am making fun of OSU players. Whats the problem here?

Was he being guarded by Willie? If so, he should be ashamed of himself for not going 7-7.

Cade guarded Page for most of the night but WW did guard him as well.

but...but...but he was cramping up.

:eddie187_jpg_xs:

Cade was on Anderson when Anderson was in the game in the second half and in OT. Crocker was on him while Cade was out with foul trouble.

Cade was on Anderson when Anderson was in the game in the second half and in OT. Crocker was on him while Cade was out with foul trouble.

Untrue, I was at the defensive end in the second half and Willie was on Anderson at times, even when Cade and Crocker were in. He did a good job! Willie did turn it on in the last ten minutes of the second half or so, maintained contact with whoever he was guarding (he did switch at times.) I just want Willie to give that effort whenever he is in the game. When he can't do that, or when he decides to argue with the refs, Capel should sit him, let him know how to play the game, then put him back in.

Cade was on Anderson the vast majority of the game. Willie was on Keiton the vast majority of the game.

I am making fun of OSU players. Whats the problem here?

I could see how some folks (myself included when I first read your title and opening post) could take it as a downplaying of the Sooner win. Today was the first game this year that I saw all five guys contesting shots, and the Sooner guards running out on three point shooters. Not many wide open threes by the Cowboys tonight, and they mostly hit the ones that were presented to them.

The reason for the horrible shooting was because of the defensive effort that the Sooners displayed for the majority of the game (How refreshing is it to say that this season!).

Big's basketball philosophy is to look at a stat line and determine how good a player is. That's a flawed philosophy in my opinion. However, Muenelo and Page are one dimensional guys. Page did, make some big defensive plays by getting back on breaks and getting in the way and making swipes on the ball on guys going to the lane. Page's smallness let's him get away with a ton of fouls.

Earlier, an OSU poster, Hohum, said Cade couldn't start over Page. ABD said Cade wasnt a big12 caliber starter. Their will be a ton of guys who will get sliced and diced by James Anderson. Tonight, Cade was not one of them. He did a masterful job. Cade if very good guarding away from the ball. SoonerSam made comment about Cade being better than Muenelo, and that is the case. Muenelo nor Page could defend Anderson on the perimeter. I think this is a crossroad that Steve Pledger must make. He can be a guy who is soley a spot up shooter or he can be a guy who get's in better shape, works on his defensive technique, and develops a dribble pull-up game. I like how Cade, Crocker, and Anderson have evolved as players.

Last edited:
Cade did guard Anderson much of the time he was in there, but he also got a piece of Page's last 3 attempt, or at the very least caused Page to alter his shot to get over Cade's hand.

Back