Coach Capel needs to step up

luckyc1423

Reaction score
He needs to step up and make some decisions. In his post game comments he said we dont play as a team because we have guys that have agendas....No one person (including coach capel) is better than the program...the people whome are just playing to get noticed or whatever their agendas are need to sit the bench.
He has to make these decisons, as you can see we are almost done with the season and he has yet to make any of these tough decisions...so frustrating!

And I repeat, no one person is better than the OU program, STOP putting up with this b.s. capel...stop talking about it in press conference, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

I feel Coach Capel is more worried about being everyone's friend than being their leader....in alot of cases leaders are not liked by the team during certain periods because they have to make tough decisions.
In fact I have had a coach before purposely run us so much during the pre-season to were we all grew hatred towards him....later on he told us he did that so we could grow as a unit...if we all grew hatred towards him then the hole team would have something in common to stick together with

Well in fairness to Capel, he doesn't take jack off Ray Willis, Orlondo Allen or Kyel Hardrick. Those three guys know there place.

This is why I hope Willie and Tiny, to some extent, decide to go pro after this year. Not sure who else he could be talking about, but let's get the "problems" off the team, and see if we can't start over in that respect next year.

We are in a desperate situation...And I know it is not to ethical to do this, but maybe its time to call guys out..

Come out publicly and say "This is a note to all my players, if you want to be apart of this team show up at X time on X date. If you are here only for personal reasons do not show up. Bring your running shoes and we are going to see who really wants to be with the program"

Well in fairness to Capel, he doesn't take jack off Ray Willis, Orlondo Allen or Kyel Hardrick. Those three guys know there place.

I agree, those guys are not great schollies...but that has nothing to do with being able to install goals and descipline in his group. Defense does not take extremely athletic guys (although it helps)...if you play as a unit you can make up for deficiencies

This is why I hope Willie and Tiny, to some extent, decide to go pro after this year. Not sure who else he could be talking about, but let's get the "problems" off the team, and see if we can't start over in that respect next year.

I think we could see addition by subtraction with certain guys leaving. I just don't know if they will.

I agree, those guys are not great schollies...but that has nothing to do with being able to install goals and descipline in his group. Defense does not take extremely athletic guys (although it helps)...if you play as a unit you can make up for deficiencies

I wasn't talking about those guys, I was talking about Capel. I have zero problem with those three guys having scholarships. Hardrick is a bit hard to figure out but I can live with it.

Back