coach's

It aint happening, broseph. Sorry to disappoint but Capel and crew will be here next year. And I would bet the farm that they will at least be here for two more unless we see similar problems next season that we saw this year (not playing as a team, bad press reports, legal problems etc...

But to answer your question Billy Tubbs and BCG are both alive and available.

assistant job....if capel is our coach and we are going with him through all this crap we need a very very good asistant

assistant job....if capel is our coach and we are going with him through all this crap we need a very very good asistant

Sorry for the not understanding your thread. I am not sure what direction that this staff will go in with a new assistant hire. I hope it is someone who is not afraid to lay down the discipline and who values defense though.

Perhaps a juco head coach that has some really good unsigned/uncommitted prospects that might follow him, or perhaps an AAU coach (ala Tommie Griffin) that has some really good unsigned/uncommitted prospects that might follow him...

Sorry for the not understanding your thread. I am not sure what direction that this staff will go in with a new assistant hire. I hope it is someone who is not afraid to lay down the discipline and who values defense though.

no worries

I know this may be a terrible idea with being a conflict of interests...but have you ever heard of bringing in a great assistant coach and stating to him that capel has X years to turn this around, if he doesnt we guarantee this assistant the head coaching job?
Or this may sound even dumber but maybe some type of dual head coaching situation...I am just unsure if capel can get this done on his own... the entire time he has been here I have been unsure of his vision for the progra

I really hope it could be someone like Bob Hoffman but that might be asking for too much.

I really hope it could be someone like Bob Hoffman but that might be asking for too much.

I hope it is a guy like Hoffman or Rod Barnes. I wish we could have hung on to Coach Barnes for a year or two longer because he was a great mentor to both the kids and to a young coaching staff.

no worries

I know this may be a terrible idea with being a conflict of interests...but have you ever heard of bringing in a great assistant coach and stating to him that capel has X years to turn this around, if he doesnt we guarantee this assistant the head coaching job?
Or this may sound even dumber but maybe some type of dual head coaching situation...I am just unsure if capel can get this done on his own... the entire time he has been here I have been unsure of his vision for the progra

Why would that assistant break his whatever to insure team success? Just a nudge here or there and he is the new head coach. Terrible idea, you were at least right about that.

no worries

i know this may be a terrible idea with being a conflict of interests...but have you ever heard of bringing in a great assistant coach and stating to him that capel has x years to turn this around, if he doesnt we guarantee this assistant the head coaching job?
Or this may sound even dumber but maybe some type of dual head coaching situation...i am just unsure if capel can get this done on his own... The entire time he has been here i have been unsure of his vision for the progra

lol!!!!

Back