Congrats to Taylor Robertson

skyvue

Reaction score
She hit from deep on her first shot of the day today in Ames and now has the national women's record for most career three-pointers. She'll be building on that record total the rest of the season.

Was it due to the extra covid year kinda? Or is she a true sr?

Was it due to the extra covid year kinda? Or is she a true sr?

I think she definitely benefited from the Covid year, but to what degree, I'm not sure. Alo, for example, had played fewer games than Lauren Chamberlain when she broke her homer record, despite the Covid year.

Update: Taylor tied the record in two fewer games--137 to 139--than the previous record holder, Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell. Robertson set the record in her 138th game.

Last edited:
She is a 5th year senior (COVID year), but she did break the record in fewer games than the previous record holder, who had the benefit of long NCAA tournament runs.

She is a career 43.8% 3 point shooter. Watching her has been fantastic.

I think she definitely benefited from the Covid year, but to what degree, I'm not sure. Alo, for example, had played fewer games than Lauren Chamberlain when she broke her homer record, despite the Covid year.

Update: I checked online and it appears that Taylor's played either one fewer games or the same number as the previous record holder.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad ti hear that. I'm a little sad for old record holders that lose their records bc the covid stuff. I'm glad this was essentially like 90% on the merits IMO

Thanks for the info. I'm glad ti hear that. I'm a little sad for old record holders that lose their records bc the covid stuff. I'm glad this was essentially like 90% on the merits IMO

In my opinion, given she did it in fewer games, it's 100% on the merits.

I would call it 100 percent "on the merits."

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_WBBall/status/1619501351679164418[/TWEET]

Awesome… she’s a helluva a shooter for sure. Hope the team can rebound after these two losses… it’d be great to win the b12. Def will go to the ku game in Lawrence

She is very fun to watch! Congrats Taylor!

Back