Could the Bedlam rivals be headed for the First Four?

That’s where OU is headed if they lose. If they win, they’re off that “line”.

I hope everyone who has been questioning OU's chances of making the tourney will come back and post after the bracket is announced. Lots of people said they needed to win three of their last six to make it. Now lots of people say they need to win tomorrow to make it or avoid the First Four. If/when those are proven wrong, don't be strangers. :) And yes, if I am wrong and they don't get in, I'll be the first to admit it. I just don't understand why so many on the board are so quick to ignore every single bracket projection and conclude on their own that we are in trouble.

I don’t question whether we are in as of now. I question whether we are on if we lose on Wed. I hope we are but I won’t feel confident with an 8-11 conference record until I see our name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone needs to give Lunardi a link to OUHoops.com so he can put us in the outside 4 looking in - the crazy moron actually moved us to a 9 seed this week. That guy must have 0 clue WTF he's doing over there.

I hope everyone who has been questioning OU's chances of making the tourney will come back and post after the bracket is announced. Lots of people said they needed to win three of their last six to make it. Now lots of people say they need to win tomorrow to make it or avoid the First Four. If/when those are proven wrong, don't be strangers. :) And yes, if I am wrong and they don't get in, I'll be the first to admit it. I just don't understand why so many on the board are so quick to ignore every single bracket projection and conclude on their own that we are in trouble.

we are projected at a 9 or 10. That very close to the bubble. With another loss, we are undoubtedly on the bubble.

Speaking of, Tulsa World's Guerin Emig asked ESPN's Jay Bilas to assess OSU's surge and OU's slump ahead of Big 12 tournament Bedlam.

Link

oswho is 5-5 over the last 10 games -- does that really count as a surge? Yes, they had some good wins over that stretch, but .500 is .500.

And the person you're quoting has repeatedly referred to OU as an NIT team and is now finally coming around to the realization that the team will make the NCAA tournament and is recalibrating to avoid the "I told you soes."

we are projected at a 9 or 10. That very close to the bubble. With another loss, we are undoubtedly on the bubble.

Actually, we are projected as an 8 or 9. That's not actually close to the bubble. As the 1st 9 seed, there's 7 teams behind us before we even get to the 1st 11 seed, and the 1st 2 11 seeds are safe. So we are actually 9 teams away from being on the bubble. Not sure there's 9 teams behind us that can improve their resume enough even with a loss to Ok State.

Even though I'd love to see all those saying we're NIT bound with a loss to Ok State being wrong, I'd rather just beat Ok State

oswho is 5-5 over the last 10 games -- does that really count as a surge? Yes, they had some good wins over that stretch, but .500 is .500.

.500 in the big 12, especially with the schedule they had, is pretty good. Especially for the talent they have

Actually, we are projected as an 8 or 9. That's not actually close to the bubble. As the 1st 9 seed, there's 7 teams behind us before we even get to the 1st 11 seed, and the 1st 2 11 seeds are safe. So we are actually 9 teams away from being on the bubble. Not sure there's 9 teams behind us that can improve their resume enough even with a loss to Ok State.

Even though I'd love to see all those saying we're NIT bound with a loss to Ok State being wrong, I'd rather just beat Ok State

Who has us as an 8?

If you want to find the turning point in Oklahoma’s season — the moment when everything went wrong, when the Sooners not only started losing games but also lost confidence — it’s best to think back to Jan. 20.

That was the last time Oklahoma and Oklahoma State played each other...

Link

Who has us as an 8?

Well, the Athletic has us as a 7 seed (2nd most accurate bracket on a 5 year average), but you can go to bracketmatrix.com and see all the different brackets.

In the other thread, I've been posting the 5 most accurate bracketologists and where they have us

Back