Crock.

uberjamb

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I really like Crock, I want him to have a huge senior season. That being said, he was still very inconsistent offensively in this game, as he has a propensity to be. I have been arguing with family members that Crock will be much more consistent this season, but is this game an example that he will not be? I know it is 1 game, I just thought it was interesting.

Yeah, I know that, as evidenced by my stating it in the original post. I am just wondering what people think.

It is not just one game. He has played this way for years.

Until he stops putting his feet together when he shoots and gets a more spread out base like Cade, Pledger and WW all have, he is going to be inconsistent.

Until he stops putting his feet together when he shoots and gets a more spread out base like Cade, Pledger and WW all have, he is going to be inconsistent.

That's the way I see it too. He will have a great game here or there but there will be plenty in which he is inconsistent. I don't expect that to change.

Well said.

Crock is who he is. An inconsistent shooter, but also our best on the ball defender and team leader. I believe his shooting woes were magnified a bit the past few years due to our lack of compliments from behind the arc; early indications appear to point in the direction that won't be a problem this year.

Crock is who he is. An inconsistent shooter, but also our best on the ball defender and team leader. I believe his shooting woes were magnified a bit the past few years due to our lack of compliments from behind the arc; early indications appear to point in the direction that won't be a problem this year.

Well said Camp...I really get tired of hearing about how inconsistent Crocker has been. He's been an inconsistent shooter, sure, but not an inconsistent player. He is a great effort player that defends at a high level and is always making big plays like getting a key rebound or steal or something. I think people just need settle down and let Tony do his thing.

I saw in another thread where some people think he is gonna wind up losing his starting spot. Ridiculous...the guy is a steady, experienced player on a team that really needs that on the floor. He's a streaky shooter...get over it...

He'll be vital this year regardless of his shooting. His ability to lock down teams best scoring guards/wings will be huge. Look at OSU- he's shown that he can give Anderson fits and without Eaton to worry about OU will be able to really pressure OSU's other guards without having to worry about helping too much on Anderson.

Last year he was the third option offensively, but this year he'll be 4th or 5th; hopefully that reduced pressure will really help. He's got a role and that's leadership and defense with some spot scoring.

I agree with elmocarp and I misspoke. Inconsistent scorer is what I should have said.

What I love about TC is he wanted to be a SOONER.........no one wears the crimson with more pride then he does. I do not think he has developed to his top potential, but he will always be one of favorite players, for staying when everyone else left.

exhibition game at that...give it a rest...this guy has come through plenty for this program and as much as we all want him to be consistent, there is no way he can live up to the expectations fans have put on him...myself included...

I think he will have a solid senior year but at some point we just have to realize he is what he is, a solid player and defender that is going to have ups and downs...but even as inconsistent as we all think he is, he competes game in and game out and there is no inconsistency in that...

Just as a little reminder, I don't think we make the tournament in 08 without the big plays Crock made. Everyone tends to think of that year's team owing all its success to the arrival of Blake, but there is no way we beat West Virginia without Crock making those big plays, we beat Baylor because he makes the big four-point play, and he absolutely torched OSU in the game we won at Stilwater without Blake. Dude has been a great Sooner...

I thought it was pretty insensitive of Crock to switch up his style of armwear without considering the implications for the ouhoops poster "Crocker's Long Sleeves."

I thought it was pretty insensitive of Crock to switch up his style of armwear without considering the implications for the ouhoops poster "Crocker's Long Sleeves."

He can always switch his name to Tommy's Tatoos.

:D

Hopefully, his new armwear will help him with his Reynaud's Syndrome issues. I can't imagine trying to play basketball when your hands are always cold.

Back