Daniel Orton

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Went to San Fran to train with Frank Marchiano(sp). Hopefully he comes back from San Fran and has a major impact.

This whole Frank Martin thing is silly. It's not the coach, but the athlete. Blake could have executed my friggin exercise plan and I would have looked like a friggin genius.

I was very skeptical as well, but looking at his regimen, I am very, very, impressed. It would probably benefit a guy like Orton who needs a little conditioning and fire lit under him than a guy who has a strong work ethic like Blake.

This whole Frank Martin thing is silly. It's not the coach, but the athlete. Blake could have executed my friggin exercise plan and I would have looked like a friggin genius.

It is anything but silly, this type of training is great...though the pub he is getting is a little rediculous...

We did simliar things in JUCO, although not to this extent and it was a great off-season program...

I am glad Orton is doing this because his work ethic is a huge question mark...it shows me a lot that he is willing to go out there and expose himself to these types of difficult workouts...

Orton is back and did very well from what I was told. Keep in mind that none of these guys that attended this summer did it at level of Blake. Frank has only had a small handful that have been able to execute the program like Blake did.

Orton is back and did very well from what I was told. Keep in mind that none of these guys that attended this summer did it at level of Blake. Frank has only had a small handful that have been able to execute the program like Blake did.

And probably even less that absolutely loved it like Blake.:ez-laugh:

Orton is a kid that I'm really rooting for. He's got the tools to be a pro and I suspect he'll play a roll like Joey Dorsey did for Memphis.

Blake came back with more lean muscle mass, greater hops and more explosiveness. He noticed the difference and Capel saw the improvement. If that is silly, I hope the whole team develops a case of "hilarious". A good strength coach does more than improve an athelete physically. These guys come back with more mental toughness. Mental and physical toughness go together. I can think of a number of athletes who would benefit from this guy.

Orton is a kid that I'm really rooting for. He's got the tools to be a pro and I suspect he'll play a roll like Joey Dorsey did for Memphis.

I really am rooting for DO as well. He and Roger Franklin are my favorite non OU pledges from that class.

I really am rooting for DO as well. He and Roger Franklin are my favorite non OU pledges from that class.

My favorite non-OU pledges are:

Donte Medder (point guard, Tulsa)
Marcus Relphorde (small forward, Colorado)
David Tairu (shooting guard, Tech)
Lance Jeter (point guard, Nebraska)
Dragan Sekelja (center, Baylor)

My favorite non-OU pledges are:

Donte Medder (point guard, Tulsa)
Marcus Relphorde (small forward, Colorado)
David Tairu (shooting guard, Tech)
Lance Jeter (point guard, Nebraska)
Dragan Sekelja (center, Baylor)

:ez-laugh:

ABD- this is a recent write-up from a Euro basketball writer on one of your faves:

Dragan Sekelja was the Croatian version of Ignacio Llovet but with some additional centimeters. A physical inside player that plays more foot on the floor than above the rim. He showed a multitude of ways to score in the low post like underhand scores, jump hooks or jump shots. Most of his face up plays go however over the right hand. He can attack the rim coming from the three point area but he has no long distance shot right now. Despite having a huge body, that is however not really in perfect shape, Sekelja looks like lacking a bit of power in the paint. Maybe this is a reason why he likes to step out at times to attack the rim of the dribble.

ABD- this is a recent write-up from a Euro basketball writer on one of your faves:

Dragan Sekelja was the Croatian version of Ignacio Llovet but with some additional centimeters. A physical inside player that plays more foot on the floor than above the rim. He showed a multitude of ways to score in the low post like underhand scores, jump hooks or jump shots. Most of his face up plays go however over the right hand. He can attack the rim coming from the three point area but he has no long distance shot right now. Despite having a huge body, that is however not really in perfect shape, Sekelja looks like lacking a bit of power in the paint. Maybe this is a reason why he likes to step out at times to attack the rim of the dribble.

Sounds like he has some skill for a 7-footer... He may struggle a bit this year but they dont need him to produce right away with Udoh, Acy, Lomers, and Cory Jefferson on roster....

Speaking of, Baylor is listing Jefferson at 6'9'' 200... Are those fudged numbers or did he get bigger this summer?

Sounds like he has some skill for a 7-footer... He may struggle a bit this year but they dont need him to produce right away with Udoh, Acy, Lomers, and Cory Jefferson on roster....

Speaking of, Baylor is listing Jefferson at 6'9'' 200... Are those fudged numbers or did he get bigger this summer?

I would be surprised if Jefferson is 200. 6'9" sounds legit. Cory's a good shot blocker and rebounder so he might play if Udoh has foul trouble. But I think Dragan has a more mature and ready for prime time game. Acy is the guy to look out for. He's put on 20 lbs of muscle and is consistently hitting 12-15 footers. Plus he's aggressive and has a relentless motor.

Back