Davis played 7 minutes scored 1 point

Let me just say that I'm not posting on this thread to be confrontational and throw anything in anyone's face.

One thing I've always noticed about message boards is that we fans simply don't know as much as we think we do, but we often make bold statements with that limited amount of information.

Who knows what will happen with this team? What we do know is that what seemed certain 2 weeks ago, might seem improbable now.

Oh, I don't know. I am pretty happy with the comments I made here still.

Let me say that I am not posting in this thread to be confrontational.

One thing I've always noticed about message boards is that when we fans don't want to be confrontational or throw things in people's faces, a good way to do that is to start a new thread, rather than bump a weeks-old one the day after a game which provided some evidence that certain people who posted in said thread were wrong about something.

Let me say that I am not posting in this thread to be confrontational.

One thing I've always noticed about message boards is that when we fans don't want to be confrontational or throw things in people's faces, a good way to do that is to start a new thread, rather than bump a weeks-old one the day after a game which provided some evidence that certain people who posted in said thread were wrong about something.

Well we weren't wrong about playing 7 minutes and scoring 1 point when this was written. We were wrong that the trend of 7 minutes and 1 point would continue. WW getting sick, Pledger and TMG not playing D in Alaska along with Crocker moving to the 4, crappy play by Big O, Fitz and Wright created minutes for Davis. I am very glad Cade's production and effectiveness has increased 10 fold. His D seems to have rubbed off on some of the young guys. TMG played great D last night.

It says Hustle and D will get you minutes. Others are watching, listening and learning.

Well we weren't wrong about playing 7 minutes and scoring 1 point when this was written. We were wrong that the trend of 7 minutes and 1 point would continue. WW getting sick, Pledger and TMG not playing D in Alaska along with Crocker moving to the 4, crappy play by Big O, Fitz and Wright created minutes for Davis. I am very glad Cade's production and effectiveness has increased 10 fold. His D seems to have rubbed off on some of the young guys. TMG played great D last night.

It says Hustle and D will get you minutes. Others are watching, listening and learning.

this is a case where it's good to be wrong. I was wrong too and happy for it.

My point, Tony, is not to embarrass people, but to illustrate a point.

This one was about Cade, but my point is that we make declarative posts based upon limited information, and two weeks later the posts seem rather silly. Then again, in two more weeks, perhaps they will seem less so.

I picked this thread because there are a lot of predictions about Cade's playing time, and most of them won't jive with what we know now. My intention is not to call out any one poster, but rather to point out that we should be careful assuming we know things we can't know. I understand perfectly well why people drew the conclusions they did after watching the game the OP referenced, and I think based upon that one game, the conclusions made some sense. The problem is that we fans aren't in practices, and don't know the players' abilities and attitudes outside of what we see on game nights. That is limited information, and making bold, declarative predictions is dicey at best.

:clap

My point, Tony, is not to embarrass people, but to illustrate a point.

This one was about Cade, but my point is that we make declarative posts based upon limited information, and two weeks later the posts seem rather silly. Then again, in two more weeks, perhaps they will seem less so.

I picked this thread because there are a lot of predictions about Cade's playing time, and most of them won't jive with what we know now. My intention is not to call out any one poster, but rather to point out that we should be careful assuming we know things we can't know. I understand perfectly well why people drew the conclusions they did after watching the game the OP referenced, and I think based upon that one game, the conclusions made some sense. The problem is that we fans aren't in practices, and don't know the players' abilities and attitudes outside of what we see on game nights. That is limited information, and making bold, declarative predictions is dicey at best.

Argh. All right, all right, fair enough. You are right and I am wrong. And I was glib. Mea Culpa

I obviously speak for no one but myself, shooterms, but I think your comments were about as spot on as one could possibly get. Great post.

He's obviously playing and doing more than most people thought he would by now. And he's doing well. It's also good for this team to have that type of leadership.

Back