Do Capel and His Team

12th Street Baller

Reaction score
deserve to get their locker room privileges back?

Even though they couldn't hit wide open jump shots or point blank layups for most of the game the team did play hard on defense. There may have been two or three glaring lapses in D but I saw good effort throughout the game and if more shots had fallen it would have been an easy win. Maybe he should tell the players they can use the locker room again after they each make ten free throws in a row.

Nice win Coach :capelspin I say you and your team have earned your digs back.

Not yet. If we protect the house again on Saturday then I will say yes.

Now that they got a taste of victory with an extremely energetic crowd, they're ready to move on.

give em their stuff back. They're ready to put things together now.

I'm not saying we're all of a sudden final four material or anything (lol) but I do see light at the end of the tunnel.

The team, yes they deserve to get back in the locker room.

The coach? I have supported Capel since he got here. I liked Sampson, I like Capel. In Capel's second year, I got really excited because he outcoached Boobie Knight when we played Texas Tech at home. But today I could not get my head around why he left five guards in the game after TMG missed his first free throw late in the game. That seemed to me to be a huge mistake as it left us without inside defensive presence when OSU was on offense. They got an offensive rebound and tied the game in the 2nd half.

Luckily, we won in overtime. But in overtime, he did the same thing late in OT when we were at the line. Just glad our lead was large enough to make it to the win. I really do not understand what Capel intended to accomplish by leaving 5 guards in the game when he knew we had to play defense after the free throws. I see NBA coaches making defensive subs late in the game, college coaches making defensive subs late in the game, but not OU today. I do not get it.

This was not the same team that has been playing this season. They hustled, played defense, and played like a team for the most part. I know there was turnovers, missed shots and free throws, etc. but it was encouraging to see. I say give them back the OU attire but hold off on the locker rooms until after Saturday.

This was not the same team that has been playing this season. They hustled, played defense, and played like a team for the most part. I know there was turnovers, missed shots and free throws, etc. but it was encouraging to see. I say give them back the OU attire but hold off on the locker rooms until after Saturday.

It was a motivational technique. We were a little more motivated defensively. I say let's get all the way motivated.

Its because of the crowd. Players feed off that energy like crazy. If we could get crowds like those on a consistent basis, it would be great. But thats a whole 'nother story

The team, yes they deserve to get back in the locker room.

The coach? I have supported Capel since he got here. I liked Sampson, I like Capel. In Capel's second year, I got really excited because he outcoached Boobie Knight when we played Texas Tech at home. But today I could not get my head around why he left five guards in the game after TMG missed his first free throw late in the game. That seemed to me to be a huge mistake as it left us without inside defensive presence when OSU was on offense. They got an offensive rebound and tied the game in the 2nd half.

Luckily, we won in overtime. But in overtime, he did the same thing late in OT when we were at the line. Just glad our lead was large enough to make it to the win. I really do not understand what Capel intended to accomplish by leaving 5 guards in the game when he knew we had to play defense after the free throws. I see NBA coaches making defensive subs late in the game, college coaches making defensive subs late in the game, but not OU today. I do not get it.

Most likely wanted five guards in the game at the end in case OSU ran any high screens that they could switch everything without worry. Anderson took it to the goal, Cade was trailing, Willie attempted to take a charge. When his shot missed, luckily for OSU it bounced right back to him and he was able to score directly on a tip. The only thing I would have changed would to not have Cade in the lane so he could get out in front of Anderson. That shot happened so quick there is little possibility that one of our bigs (most likely Gallon) could have gotten down the floor in time. In addition, it's not like they had a physically imposing line-up at that time.

But every coach has his own strategy, he may adjust for the next time around.

Back