Do you think we land any of our top three recruits?

I think we will get Jones,it will be the best fit for him especially when u look at our track record on getting big men to the league.

I think we will get Jones,it will be the best fit for him especially when u look at our track record on getting big men to the league.

I sure hope that you are right, chico.

I also hope that Cam and TJ are getting trying to talk some of these guys into coming to OU and building a national championship.

I'm going to agree with Denver and say Jones and McCallum.

If we get one, I would be ecstatic because we already have 2 really nice recruits.

I am going to go with the crowd that says we get none though and land a couple of lower ranked guys that will be very nice additions to the team.

If we get McCallum, where does he fit in? TMG seems to have the point locked down, does he move to 2 guard?

If we get McCallum, where does he fit in? TMG seems to have the point locked down, does he move to 2 guard?

The main thing is if the kid wants to be a part of the program. If he does, the minutes at the position don't really matter. You could start TMG and McCallum together, then bring a wing (Pledger, Cade) off the bench for one. You could play them for 30 and 25 minutes and they wouldn't even be on the court together for half of the game. As long as they aren't ball-dominant players (neither Ray or TMG are) then it should work fine. Just think of how well Kansas played with Robinson, Chalmers and Collins, or even last year with Collins and Taylor (heck, go back even further and look at Miles and Heinrich). I don't think its as big of a deal as most people do. I don't think its a non-issue either, but I don't think OU is out of it because of TMG.

I dont think we will get McCallum,my opinion i think he will end up on the west coast.

Elmo I agree with every part of your post. OU basketball is now in the business of recruiting the top players in the nation. We won't get all of them, but just to be considered by the top players in the nation only helps your program. I especially agree with your statement about Coach Capel as a coach. I've seen some on this board say he is just a good recruiter. Like you I think he's a complete coach. I love some of the strategy he uses in his in game coaching. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Agree with Elmo and Faithful. You don't try and get one great guy at each position. You try and get 2. You get as many as you can. If guys don't like it and don't want to win and want to be selfish they can go. It's about the TEAM.

Back