Ekpe Udoh playing very well

No I don't. When Baylor plays it looks like a pick-up game broke out. No cohesiveness, no plan, no execution. Just a bunch of guys firing up 3's and fall-away jumpers from everywhere, and hoping the defensive possession they are currently on doesn't last very long so they can do it again.

Playmakr- I know you know basketball. And I give you a pass because I am certain you are just a casual observer of Baylor basketball and not a student of it like I am :D The comment above is uninformed. Baylor took 18 3's today. 16 of them came from Lace Dunn who is a career 40% 3 pt shooter and one of the best shooters in the nation (he made 6- off day for him). 1 of those 3's came from Udoh as the shot clock was under 5. The other was from Anthony Jones in the flow of the offense.

Sorry to disappoint you but Baylor throws it into the post on almost every possession this year unless Dunn has an open quick look. So it is not a bunch of guys throwing up 3's and fadeaway jumpers as you claim. Criticisms of Baylor's defensive intensity on the perimeter are valid. Criticisms of their offensive efficiency are ignorant. They were top 20 in offensive efficiency the last two years.

Baylor had to play true frosh AJ Walton almost the whole game because Nolan Dennis has a major case of the jitters and Tweety Carter is out until Thanksgiving.
Udoh took the team on his back and won that game. Hartford has a great 3 pt shooter who was all conference two years ago but injured last year. Udoh got caught on a switch twice down the stretch and got a steal and a block. Baylor was down 14 at one point- down 2 when Udoh hit a 3. The game winner was a fadeaway 17 footer with 1 second left. He's a player.
But I have to say I will probably eat crow on my Baylor win prediction. Perimeter d worse than I expected. Dennis, Anthony Jones and Acy very disappointing so far. Carter, Dunn and Udoh are all tough but I don't think that is enough to have a winning conference record. We will see.

Wow, nice spin. Never heard such a spin about how a team we've been told all summer will be very good that just beat a crappy, crappy team by a buzzer beater. Hartford got beat by Quinnipac at home by double digits. I don't give a crap how good the 3pt shooter who got hurt last year is. :ez-laugh:
DFW it's going down exactly like we've told you all summer. Now, I didn't expect it to happen this early but it is. Baylor has plenty of talent. Lots of it. I have no doubt Udoh is a major talent. Bottom line is Scott Drew couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He'd find a way to screw it up. If he's your father...sorry...I'm sure he's a nice man.

Wow, nice spin. Never heard such a spin about how a team we've been told all summer will be very good that just beat a crappy, crappy team by a buzzer beater. Hartford got beat by Quinnipac at home by double digits. I don't give a crap how good the 3pt shooter who got hurt last year is. :ez-laugh:
DFW it's going down exactly like we've told you all summer. Now, I didn't expect it to happen this early but it is. Baylor has plenty of talent. Lots of it. I have no doubt Udoh is a major talent. Bottom line is Scott Drew couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He'd find a way to screw it up. If he's your father...sorry...I'm sure he's a nice man.

Cheno- you are right Baylor will probably finish last in the big 12 that is why I offered you the deal that I did out of the generosity of my heart. You have made it clear that you agree with my assessment and that you also think Baylor will finish last. So my offer still stands- $10k to the charity of choice to the winner. Baylor was picked 10th in the coaches poll- 1 point for finishing 10 and 1 point for every position that they move up that poll. -1 for every position they slide. KU and OU were picked 1 and 3- 1 point for finishing where they were slotted. -1 for sliding and 1 point for moving up.

Baylor is terrible so finishing above 10 is far-fetched. We all know that. KU and OU are dominant so slots 1-3 are almost guaranteed. Easy money and bragging rights for you. Step up- Cheno. We have a saying in Texas for guys like you. All hat, no cattle.

Cheno- you are right Baylor will probably finish last in the big 12 that is why I offered you the deal that I did out of the generosity of my heart. You have made it clear that you agree with my assessment and that you also think Baylor will finish last. So my offer still stands- $10k to the charity of choice to the winner. Baylor was picked 10th in the coaches poll- 1 point for finishing 10 and 1 point for every position that they move up that poll. -1 for every position they slide. KU and OU were picked 1 and 3- 1 point for finishing where they were slotted. -1 for sliding and 1 point for moving up.

Baylor is terrible so finishing above 10 is far-fetched. We all know that. KU and OU are dominant so slots 1-3 are almost guaranteed. Easy money and bragging rights for you. Step up- Cheno. We have a saying in Texas for guys like you. All hat, no cattle.

Man I hope you lose our bet so you will end this dribble. It makes you look horrible, DFW, which saddens me. Here's to Baylor NOT finishing 9-7, so you can just be a regular old OUHoops.com poster....

I watched the last 12 minutes or so, Dunn could get to the basket almost at will, but kept settling for three's off of screens. Guy needs to try to get to the line more.

Udoh's REALLY improved since he was at Santa Fe offensively.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. I've never said Baylor is the worst team in the league. They have too good of players for that which is what I've said since day one. Look at their roster. Look at the quality of the players. Then tell me why the Big 12 COACHES (not some internet idiots) picked them 10th. Tell you what...I'll save you the trouble....Scott Drew.

I've also said time and time again...Baylor is lucky to have Scott Drew. He's a helluva recruiter. A school like Baylor is lucky to have a coach that can recruit as well as he can. But everyone here knows that if he could coach worth a darn he certainly would not be at Baylor because he's shown that he can recruit at a very high level at a lousy program.

DFW, that bet is stupid for many reasons, not the least of which are:

1. This is an internet message board. Making a serious monetary bet with another random poster online is lame and embarrassing.

2. The fact that the highest score in your little point scheme for KU and OU combined would be a grand total of 3 for finishing first and second respectively would also match the point total of Baylor finishing 8th is ridiculous and highly favors you winning.

and..

3. The whole point everyone on this board all along has been trying to make is that Baylor will finish in the bottom half of the conference despite having the talent of an upper level team. That's it. Plain and simple. So if you have to make some bet with a KU fan on an OU message board with large sums of money to make you feel like you win something by finishing in EIGHTH PLACE then I feel sorry for all Baylor fans.

fair enough- I will take the critique to heart. It was immature on my part- I was just having some fun with Cheno. Cheno loves to take a shot at Baylor and Drew every chance he gets. He must have had a bad experience at Baptist church camp growing up.

I don't expect people on an OU message board to be singing the praises of Baylor and Drew. I know it is better for OU if Baylor sucks and you get two easy wins per year going forward.

But here are the facts about Drew which are indisputable:

1. He took over a terrible disaster of a program 6 years ago.

2. He has recruited incredibly well for Baylor given their basketball tradition.

3. His progress at Baylor has been measurable in terms of wins and upgrading of talent.

Wins: 8, 9, 4 (no non-conference games this year), 15, 21, 24
RPI: 213-257-174-143-49-44

But here are the facts about Drew which are indisputable:

1. He took over a terrible disaster of a program 6 years ago.

2. He has recruited incredibly well for Baylor given their basketball tradition.

3. His progress at Baylor has been measurable in terms of wins and upgrading of talent.

Wins: 8, 9, 4 (no non-conference games this year), 15, 21, 24
RPI: 213-257-174-143-49-44

Finally!!!! You should have said this all along. I agree. Probably most of us agree. He's done a good job there. It's freakin' Baylor.
He still can't coach. Watch his teams play. It's like watching an AAU team. The wins have increased because he's brought in a ton of talent.
I think most of our points are that given the same talent that the other 11 Big 12 coaches would win more games.

Cheno loves to take a shot at Baylor and Drew every chance he gets.
Only because your hyping and pimping of Baylor is ridiculous. You make people want to bash them. To be honest with you I've never given Baylor 30 seconds worth of thought until you started coming around.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think a Scott Drew Baylor team has beaten OU.

Baylor hasn't beaten OU since the late 70s in basketball. They haven't ever beaten OU in football.

It is really getting old that DFW seems to think that our teams are rivals or something. I guess Drew told the 5 living Baylor basketball fans out there to go out and bug other people on other Big 12 forums. I honestly could care less about Baylor and wish that Baylor fans would argue with Jayhawk fans on Phog.net or Baylorfans.com.

IF I am alone on this, then I apologize.

And it's ridiculously entertaining. Scott Drew is a total badass, would love to see him smash rick barnes face into the sidewalk (if they happen to be walking on a sidewalk parallel to each other at the same time)

Barnes would whoop drew to sleep. drew probably has a glass jaw. He's weak like the defense he teaches.

Barnes would whoop drew to sleep. drew probably has a glass jaw. He's weak like the defense he teaches.

thanks for that positive contribution to the conversation- blowhard111

I guess I have outstayed my welcome on ouhoops.com. I have tried to post with respect and clarity. I originally posted on this board because there was a free-for-all accusing Scott Drew of cheating in recruiting.

I think there are some terrific representatives of schools on here- 3fatty, sys, HoHum, CarlWeathers, Sawyer, bigabd, etc...

Like them, I usually only respond to threads that are started specifically about our school (s). But the tone towards me is not constructive anymore and just digresses into pissing matches, so I won't post going forward. I have to say that I also post on texags.com and the level of civility/intelligent basketball talk is much higher on that board in my view.

I really don't know where the accusations that I am trying to claim a rivalry between Baylor/OU or Baylor/KU is coming from. I have never once said such things.

I enjoyed the conversation while it lasted- good luck on the season. Still would enjoy meeting BT and whoever when the Sooners play Baylor in Waco in January.

This bet makes no sense. Cheno is capped at a total of 3 points (KU 1st and OU 2nd) because if OU finishes first and gets three points Cheno loses at least one point for KU. DFW pushes if Baylor finishes 8th (assuming Baylor gets the one point for finishing 10th and two points for being 8th; otherwise DFW at worse pushes if Baylor finishes 7th). Cheno has no real chance of winning because his upside is so capped, unless you are giving him odds.

thanks for that positive contribution to the conversation- blowhard111

I guess I have outstayed my welcome on ouhoops.com. I have tried to post with respect and clarity. I originally posted on this board because there was a free-for-all accusing Scott Drew of cheating in recruiting.

I think there are some terrific representatives of schools on here- 3fatty, sys, HoHum, CarlWeathers, Sawyer, bigabd, etc...

Like them, I usually only respond to threads that are started specifically about our school (s). But the tone towards me is not constructive anymore and just digresses into pissing matches, so I won't post going forward. I have to say that I also post on texags.com and the level of civility/intelligent basketball talk is much higher on that board in my view.

I really don't know where the accusations that I am trying to claim a rivalry between Baylor/OU or Baylor/KU is coming from. I have never once said such things.

I enjoyed the conversation while it lasted- good luck on the season. Still would enjoy meeting BT and whoever when the Sooners play Baylor in Waco in January.

And I will be happy to meet you there. I guess the difference in my mind between yourself and the other guests that mentioned is that the others don't try to shove their team down our throats.

I actually like KSU thanks to sys and fatty. I used to loathe the Wildcats. Carl and hohum have made it tougher for me to loath OSU (Don't worry Sooner fans....I still do).

I don't think you need to stop posting by any means, but you might make more friends and have more fruitful conversation (without the name calling, betting, Drew cheating, etc...) if you quit trying to force feed Baylor. Just my thoughts.

I think this board should be a place where guests feel welcome. I invite guests to our board all the time. I just think folks should be respectful when on an OU board. When I post on other boards, I am very respectful.

No I don't. When Baylor plays it looks like a pick-up game broke out. No cohesiveness, no plan, no execution. Just a bunch of guys firing up 3's and fall-away jumpers from everywhere, and hoping the defensive possession they are currently on doesn't last very long so they can do it again.

I agree. I went to the OU game at Baylor last year and Baylor was just jacking up 3 point shots.

without any personal knowledge or direct evidence, it would appear to me that Scott Drew is much better at handing kids envelops full of cash than coaching basketball.

Have I made it more difficult for you to hate Nebraska, Colorado, Texas Tech, and Missouri? :)

And I will be happy to meet you there. I guess the difference in my mind between yourself and the other guests that mentioned is that the others don't try to shove their team down our throats.

I actually like KSU thanks to sys and fatty. I used to loathe the Wildcats. Carl and hohum have made it tougher for me to loath OSU (Don't worry Sooner fans....I still do).

I don't think you need to stop posting by any means, but you might make more friends and have more fruitful conversation (without the name calling, betting, Drew cheating, etc...) if you quit trying to force feed Baylor. Just my thoughts.

I think this board should be a place where guests feel welcome. I invite guests to our board all the time. I just think folks should be respectful when on an OU board. When I post on other boards, I am very respectful.

Have I made it more difficult for you to hate Nebraska, Colorado, Texas Tech, and Missouri? :)

You do a great job, abd. I really wish you would go apply at Big12hoops.com and be our OU rep. They are looking for OU writers and I think you would do great.

Of the teams you have listed, you have made me like Tech and Nebraska for sure. I am neutral with Colorado. I don't really like Mizzou fans, but I like Mike Anderson.

Back