Fill in the blanks...

Kim is a very good tactician. From the hack a shack thing she pulled on Courtney to the offense that Baylor runs that gets players open for very easy shots.

She should have had consequences for the illegal things she did while recruiting Griner and others but I think I blame the NCAA more than Kim. The NCAA is clearly dedicated to keeping the teams playing in the big events that make them the most money.

As far as her courtside antics some but probably not all is an attempt to work the officials and it works particularly in Waco where the crowd lends an assist. Digger Phelps was the world's best at that. It was all non-verbal with him. He was so good that he convinced the crowd that the officials had just pulled off the worst theft since the Brink's robery. He didn't say a word just actions. Neve saw him T'd up. Kim is not nearly that smooth.

As for Geno, your daughters could probably play for him if they have some thickness of skin and a strong self image. He demands that his players become better players than the limits they place on themself. I never understood the significance of that before but that is the single most thing that makes him the coach that he is.

I'm sure that all coaches drive to get improved play from their players but the difference with Geno is that he gets the players to become the motivating force to improve and that is more important than becoming the best you are capable of being just because the coach is pushing them. I'm sure that all players want to be the best they can be but Geno's players want to be better than the best they believe possible.

1. Baylor
2. OU
3. TCU/TX ?

BUT.......I think if we play like I think we can play (unlike the end of last season) it's OU #1!!!!

My biggest worry about Texas is their height. That really gave us trouble last year in the Big-12 tournament.

But we handled it well in the two regular season games. The major problem we had in Austin when they beat us was that almost all our players fouled out.

My biggest worry about Texas is their height. That really gave us trouble last year in the Big-12 tournament.

But we handled it well in the two regular season games. The major problem we had in Austin when they beat us was that almost all our players fouled out.

After players wrote their names on a board, I don't think fouls will be a problem this year. :)

Back