Former Sooner Invited to Collegiate Coaching Consortium

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
News from the world of assistant basketball coaches ...

Kellen Sampson Invited to Collegiate Coaching Consortium
https://uhcougars.com/news/2019/3/3...nvited-to-collegiate-coaching-consortium.aspx

Oklahoma assistant coach Carlin Hartman was also invited to the seminar.

Sampson was one of only 31 coaches selected from across the nation to participate in the prestigious event. The Consortium is a collaboration between AthleticDirectorU, the National Association of Basketball Coaches and the Center for Sports Leadership.

ABOUT the COLLEGIATE COACHING CONSORTIUM - The invitation-only Collegiate Coaching Consortium brings together rising basketball coaches and NCAA Division I athletics directors to participate in a rigorous multi-day academy that teaches each how to identify, analyze and influence critical organizational processes as a means of building better teams and athletics programs.

Each cohort – coaches and ADs – participates in individually focused curriculum designed to sharpen their competencies and capabilities that are critical for ensuring success within their respective roles.

The 2019 Consortium will be led by a diverse group of speakers and faculty, which includes leaders in collegiate athletics, professional sports, the business world and higher education. Among them are: university presidents Eric Kaler (Minnesota), Nayef Samhat (Wofford), and Ron Machtley (Bryant); head coaches John Calipari (Kentucky), Mike Brey (Notre Dame), and Andy Enfield (USC); athletic directors Bubba Cunningham (North Carolina), Jeremy Foley (Florida), and Ed McLaughlin (VCU); professional sports executives Lara Jurus (Minnesota Vikings) and Michael Lombardi (Cleveland Browns/New England Patriots); search firm executives Daniel Parker (Parker Executive), Glenn Sugyiama (DHR International), and Chad Chatlos (Venture Partners); and business leaders Jacqueline Williams-Roll (General Mills) and Mark French (The Players Tribune).

Kellen is going to land a decent little HC job soon, I would think. The way he interacts on the court with players and such, he reminds me a lot of Kelvin. Hope once he gets out on his own he does well. I'll be rooting for him.

Back