Freshmen comment on first game action

I really loved Tommy's interview. He seems determined to work on his defense and being more vocal. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap:tmg

I signed up for all-access when OU first chose it to do the sports website. It didn't work then, either. Now the audio is so jerky that it's not worth listening to even if you could make sense of it. Their tech people are absolutely incompetent. OU is VERY small potatoes to CBSSports and it shows.

I wasn't sure what recruiting class Tiny was talking about. The classes that Capel has brought in or the class compared to other schools this season. Regardless, I do agree that this class of freshmen are pretty special.

I found TMG and Andrew to be very likeable in their interviews. I also liked how all four players have an understanding of things they need to work on and things the team needs to work on (maybe these were good questions). Getting a sense that each player is seeing big picture lets me know that they are mature in their understanding of the game; they're not totally focused on themselves but see themselves as part of the team.

Thanks for the link, BT.

How about the shooting percentage, particularly the 3 point percentage. I get that it is only one game and an exhibition game but I think it would be a safe bet that no other program that kind of production and shooting percentage from its freshman class in their first game this season.

How about the shooting percentage, particularly the 3 point percentage. I get that it is only one game and an exhibition game but I think it would be a safe bet that no other program that kind of production and shooting percentage from its freshman class in their first game this season.

I think this team really upgraded its outside shooting. What I like about both TMG and Pledge is that they have quick releases and they both elevate.

Good 3 point shooting can make up for a lot of other deficiencies. :clap

It was not just 3 point shooting. Tiny was 5 or 6 and Fitzgerald was 3-5. Those guys combined for 8 or 11 (that is over 72% from the field). The freshman also grabbed 18 of OU's 36 rebounds (Gallon 9, TMG 4, Fitzgerald 5), 40% of the teams blocks, about 40% of the teams assists (6 of 14) and 46 of 93 total points or just under 50%. That is huge for a group of true freshman.

It was just one game but if those guys give anywhere near that type of production on the season, OU has a great season.

It was not just 3 point shooting. Tiny was 5 or 6 and Fitzgerald was 3-5. Those guys combined for 8 or 11 (that is over 72% from the field). The freshman also grabbed 18 of OU's 36 rebounds (Gallon 9, TMG 4, Fitzgerald 5), 40% of the teams blocks, about 40% of the teams assists (6 of 14) and 46 of 93 total points or just under 50%. That is huge for a group of true freshman.

It was just one game but if those guys give anywhere near that type of production on the season, OU has a great season.

Excellent points as well as the stats to support them, Denver!

Judging by OUguy11's report on the closed scrimmage, OU's freshmen had another solid outing against Tulsa, a much better team than British Columbia. While two games does not a season make, I believe we have plenty of reasons to be optimistic. Freshmen don't usually perform well right out of the gate, especially as a group. But, OU's class of newbies appear to be an impressive combination of poise, confidence and talent. I am extremely pleased by what they have accomplished so far.

Back