Gillispie/OU have had "informal contact"

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/14/2920337/texas-tech-talking-to-gillispie.html

By Mike Jones
jjones@star-telegram.com

Billy Gillispie has had conversations with officials at Texas Tech concerning him replacing Pat Knight as basketball coach; but the job has not yet been offered to him, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Gillispie has also had informal contact about the jobs at Arkansas and just-opened Oklahoma. The source said, however, that Arkansas has already had face-to-face contact with and is close to hiring Minnesota coach Tubby Smith.

Arkansas fired John Pelfrey on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/14/2920337/texas-tech-talking-to-gillispie.html#ixzz1Gc5WPli7

That caught my attention too, but informal contact could have been his attendance at the OU/Neb game.

Maybe Joe C won him over by giving him a free steamed chicken sandwich and liquified personal pan pizza at the LNC.

If Joe C does hire Billy G, we just better hope he has gotten his act together. My boss is a Kentucky grad, and when I told him about the possiblitiy of OU hiring him, he put a frightened look on his face. He said there was so much about him that never became public...and said the top boosters wanted him gone so bad they told the AD they would pony up all the money that they needed just to get rid of him.

If Joe C does hire Billy G, we just better hope he has gotten his act together. My boss is a Kentucky grad, and when I told him about the possiblitiy of OU hiring him, he put a frightened look on his face. He said there was so much about him that never became public...and said the top boosters wanted him gone so bad they told the AD they would pony up all the money that they needed just to get rid of him.

well, there's quite a bit about the Kentucky boosters that isn't public as well. Just because he didn't wanna play the usual "step and fetch" for them...

In short Kentucky is a bad fit for many coaches.

well, there's quite a bit about the Kentucky boosters that isn't public as well. Just because he didn't wanna play the usual "step and fetch" for them...

In short Kentucky is a bad fit for many coaches.

Some of the things Tubby went through in Kentucky because of his skin color were completely uncalled for also and never made public.

Some of the things Tubby went through in Kentucky because of his skin color were completely uncalled for also and never made public.

that's because many of the boosters still refer to it as "sending money to those neggras"

Back