Gordon Hayward to Charlotte, unless Utah matches

Supposedly, there is no way Utah doesn't match. We'll see. I like Hayword, but he is not a max-contract guy.

Supposedly, there is no way Utah doesn't match. We'll see. I like Hayword, but he is not a max-contract guy.

and if they match the thought is that the hornets back up plan is lance ..

At face value, he's not worth $63 mil over four years, but Charlotte and Utah are both franchises that have to overpay to acquire or retain talented players.

If Utah were to let Hayward walk, it's not as if Utah would have been able to get a player legitimately worth $15 million with that cap space. They're also not in a position where they have young, max-level stars that they need to extend in the next couple years (i.e. OKC, when KD, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka were all on rookie contracts). Even if Exum turns into that type of player, his extension wouldn't kick in until after Hayward's new contract has already expired.

You really have to ignore previous salaries for these guys. Between the new TV contract & the Buck & Clippers sales prices salaries are poised to explode. The players are going to force serious changes to the cba in a couple years.

It's going to be like golfer earnings exploded when Tiger came on the scene. The purses tripled rapidly.

You really have to ignore previous salaries for these guys. Between the new TV contract & the Buck & Clippers sales prices salaries are poised to explode. The players are going to force serious changes to the cba in a couple years.

It's going to be like golfer earnings exploded when Tiger came on the scene. The purses tripled rapidly.

seems to me that role players are getting paid starter money under this CBA....why owuld they want to change that?

Back