Great job TMG

buttermaker1

Reaction score
He played great tonight, we had the game won until Capel took the air out of the ball. Capel was out coached by sargent Carter.

He played great tonight, we had the game won until Capel took the air out of the ball. Capel was out coached by sargent Carter.

Yes, because Capel told Willie to take a five second call and a horrible shot on the last possession? Capel also told Pledger to be out of position on two or three key defensive positions? Get a grip dude, and stop posting.

Last edited:
Yes, because Capel told Willie to take a five second call and a horrible shot on the last possession. Capel also told Pledger to be out of position on two or three key defensive positions. Get a grip dude, and stop posting.

Capel took the air out of the ball he told us to run clock and stop attacking. Yes he cost us the game he had a true fr totally lost so either way he cost us the game.

it wasn't a horrible shot by willie...he got his man to committ a foul that wasn't called.

Capel took the air out of the ball he told us to run clock and stop attacking. Yes he cost us the game he had a true fr totally lost so either way he cost us the game.

I'm sure Capel told you this. You have no clue what Capel's gameplan was and please don't pretend to act like you know more than him.

You can't blame Capel for anything tonight. He got the team to listen to him on the road after a very tough first half...that alone is progress. When we drive the ball to the hoop we are much more effective; that's the personnel we have and it works. We lost this game because we were literally 1 play short. Pick the play: TMG's 1 and 1 miss; the foul Willie drew that had been called all game and wasn't called; Sloan's bucket in the lane; TMG's near miss at the end after getting almost to the tin....one of the closer games I've seen us in, in a long time.

i don't come to this board very often, but is this Butters dude for real??? Capel lost the game??? I recall actually being suprised down the stretch at how FAST we continued to play, thinking to myself, "Damn, sampson would have us going at a snail's pace right now..."

Give A&M credit. they played solid D and they hit a couple shots down the stretch. also got a nice fluke offensive rebound to bounce in their laps. Willie's shot wasn't a bad shot at all. At home, that's a foul 100% of the time, literally 100%. On the road, it's honestly solid D and a decent no call. On the next-to-last possession, TMG takes a great shot and he just misses.

Willie initiated the contact. Not going to get that call in the final few seconds, no matter how bad the officials were all night

which has always been a beef with me...call the game the same way throughout the game...if it is a foul in the first minute it should be in the last...its not fair to the players really.

Willie initiated the contact. Not going to get that call in the final few seconds, no matter how bad the officials were all night

If you are going to blame anyone, blame Willie. I know he's a good player, but I don't trust him with the ball in his hands late in the game. He took that terrible 5 second call yesterday, and in that Mizzou game took that 3 in the final minute with 27 seconds left on the shot clock. The dude drives me crazy.

If you are going to blame anyone, blame Willie. I know he's a good player, but I don't trust him with the ball in his hands late in the game. He took that terrible 5 second call yesterday, and in that Mizzou game took that 3 in the final minute with 27 seconds left on the shot clock. The dude drives me crazy.

WW is best in late game situations

When?

When has WW ever led us to a victory when we trailed by 1 or more with under a minute left?

Yep, This doesn't mean he isn't a great player. He just tries to do too much in crunch time. He gets away from his game. Last night he should have taken that kid all the way to the basket, which is what he is best at. Instead he tried to draw a foul on a pull up jump shot. Take it to the rack, Willie.

That was a tough call. Willie initiated the contact, but the defender was in Willie's space, and Willie has the right to square himself up. All Willie did was get vertical, straight up and down. If the defender is THAT close, no matter who initiates the contact, that just about has to be called a foul.

When?

When has WW ever led us to a victory when we trailed by 1 or more with under a minute left?

i never said he has led us to a victory but he has made crucial plays down the stretch in many of our close victories. He asserts himself when it matters. JMO though. Did you watch how he came alive and asserted himself last night down the stretch?

i never said he has led us to a victory but he has made crucial plays down the stretch in many of our close victories. He asserts himself when it matters. JMO though. Did you watch how he came alive and asserted himself last night down the stretch?

I agree with that, but wouldn't you like to see that guy all the time? For example, I think Cade Davis and Tony Crocker are the same guys every night. Their shots may not always fall, but you know what kind of effort you are going to get from the both of them. I feel like I never know which Willie is going to show up even possession to possession let alone night to night. He is too good of a player for that.

I agree with that, but wouldn't you like to see that guy all the time? For example, I think Cade Davis and Tony Crocker are the same guys every night. Their shots may not always fall, but you know what kind of effort you are going to get from the both of them. I feel like I never know which Willie is going to show up even possession to possession let alone night to night. He is too good of a player for that.

I don't think WW ever got the chance early in the game last night b/c of foul trouble. The last several games though, he has shown alot more effort

That was a tough call. Willie initiated the contact, but the defender was in Willie's space, and Willie has the right to square himself up. All Willie did was get vertical, straight up and down. If the defender is THAT close, no matter who initiates the contact, that just about has to be called a foul.

Haha, Willie did not go "straight up and down". Come on TU.

Haha, Willie did not go "straight up and down". Come on TU.

Pretty close. He was "leaning back" when the defender jumped into his space. Willie has the right to get back to vertical. Willie wasn't leaning forward, by much if at all, when the contact started.

Video?

The ref probably doesn't even know what the rule of verticality is. I thought Willie was fouled as well. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back