Halfway through the conference season (TMG)

GParker

Reaction score
Tommy Mason-Griffin stats:

- 5th in scoring at 18.3 ppg
- 8th in field goal percentage at 45.2%
- 10th in assists at 3.63 apg
- 12th in FT percentage at 78.1%
- 1st in 3 point FG percentage at 51.9%
- 2nd in 3 point FG made at 3.38 per game
- 13th (highest rated freshman) in Assists to TO ratio at 1.32
- 3rd in minutes played (everyone else in the top 10 is at least a JR) at 37 mpg

All I can say is WOW.

I'll add a DOUBLE WOW!!! I began shouting TMG's praises before he even stepped foot on campus. But I never dreamed he would put up numbers like that in one of the toughest conferences in the country his freshman year. OU fans are in for a special treat if he continues to improve.

Coach Capel has wanted a true point guard since he arrived three years ago. Well, he got his wish.

Thanks for posting, GParker!

This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. TMG has had to play a lot of minutes the last few games and in two of those games he's had trouble with cramping up. Assuming that he was well hydrated prior to the game, does the fact that he's a muscular guy make him more prone to cramping up? You wonder if he needs a preventative IV at halftime even if he hasn't been sick like Cade was before the Missouri game.

Tommy Mason-Griffin stats:

- 5th in scoring at 18.3 ppg
- 8th in field goal percentage at 45.2%
- 10th in assists at 3.63 apg
- 12th in FT percentage at 78.1%
- 1st in 3 point FG percentage at 51.9%
- 2nd in 3 point FG made at 3.38 per game
- 13th (highest rated freshman) in Assists to TO ratio at 1.32
- 3rd in minutes played (everyone else in the top 10 is at least a JR) at 37 mpg

All I can say is WOW.

Those are first team All Big XII numbers. He might not get it but he deserves it. How many other pgs are on the leading scorer list? How many guards are on the percentage shooting list? I didn't look but pgs are not normally a leading scorer or way up on the percentage shooting list (because guys like Pittman are just dunking the ball).

His Assists per game and assist to turn over should actually be higher. His teammates miss some things they should not miss. I would say it happens at least once per game if not twice. The guy is a big time player. I hope he stays 4 years but I will not be shocked if he is gone after two or three years.

TMG is having an unbelievable year. I think he'll be a 2nd team all league player and with the kind of talent in this league this year that is saying something.

Last edited:
In the last 5 games, he's averaging 23.6 ppg and 4.0 assists per game, while shooting 50% from the field and 54% from 3 point range. He's also played 193 out of a possible 200 minutes in those 5 games.

Back