harrison barnes diary of his 5 official visits!!

College, High School / Oct 2, 2009 / 12:00 pm
Harrison Barnes, #1 high schooler in the U.S., gave us his diary

By Dime Magazine

Harrison Barnes

Harrison Barnes, a 6-6 wing out of Ames, Iowa, is the best high school ballplayer in the country. As he navigates through the hectic recruiting process, Barnes agreed to chronicle his thoughts for us during each of his five official visits. First up is North Carolina, where Barnes visited on Sept. 3. Here’s an excerpt:

… At about noon, I got a tour of campus on a golf cart and got to see where the dorms were, where the Dean Smith Center was, and I saw a few classes and walked around a little bit.

After that I had lunch with Coach (Roy) Williams, and then I got to see the North Carolina museum. I’m not sure if you guys have heard about that, but it has all of the priceless North Carolina things such as Michael Jordan’s shoes, and a letter from Coach K to Michael Jordan saying that he hopes he does well at UNC. Then there’s a huge wall that lists all of the draft picks in North Carolina history. It was just huge. Who knows how big it was. The have a little room where they have a highlight film going and they had their national championship room. It was a cool experience to see all of the accomplishments that they have had over the years.

The UNC alumni game was that weekend, so before the game I got to get up a few shots with the players. We ate, and then we started the pregame festivities. I got to meet Michael Jordan and Dean Smith. That was a great experience because Michael was one of my favorite players ever to play the game.

Then we went out for the alumni game and the place was packed. Just to see guys like Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison playing with guys that just came out of college like Danny Green, Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington … it was just cool to see how they interacted with each other.

You can read Harrison’s entire diary at HighSchoolHoop.com, where he talks about his night on the town in Chapel Hill, some knock-down drag-out pickup games with current and future Tar Heels, meeting Vince Carter face-to-face, and watching the ‘09 UNC squad receive their national championship rings.

Well, that doesn't sound good.

UNC & Duke will be haaaard mountains to climb over.

That is not to say I don't have faith in Capel to get him to Norman if the ball bounces the right way. But it does say that if he succeeds in landing a sig from Harrison Barnes, I will crown Coach Capel as the undisputed Kingpin of college basketball recruiting right now.

yeah. that sounded like a hell of a visit to nc.

Back