Horns go down again

seniorsooner

Reaction score
82-77 Missouri in Columbia. They are now 6-5 in the league and sitting in 6th place. At some point they could fall completely out of the top 25. They play at Tech on Saturday in what is suddenly far from a gimme for them.

Who could have guessed the whorns would have a 6-5 record in the Big 12 at this point of the season? No one on this board, I can tell you that for sure. I remember our conversations about how UT was going to challenge Kansas for the conference title. Wow! Where we wrong.

OU may not make post season play. Texas can still win games in the NCAA tournament.

At one point earlier, much earlier, this year I said to my buddy "Man I thought KU would dominate the conference this year but now I'm thinking it could be Texas..."

I think I might be more frustrated if I were a Texas fan. We've had obvious issues from the very first game of the year. Texas seemed to be playing well until they lost their first game and it's been all downhill from there.

UNC has 8 McDonald's All Americans? They've been this young before but not struggled so much. They're a mystery, too.

As an OU fan I don't care about Texas' season.

Okay. I'll be sure to not post about Texas again.

I would be livid if I was a 'horn. To be #1 in the country as late in the season as they were then go on a losing streak like this.

I'm frustrated as anyone about this year, but I knew we were overrated when we were ranked top-10 preseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would be livid if I was a 'horn. To be #1 in the country as late in the season as they were then go on a losing streak like this.

I'm frustrated as anyone about this year, but I knew we were overrated when we were ranked top-10 preseason.

I'll read your posts about Texas, Roby. ;)

I don't mind the posts. I just take no joy from Texas sucking. All I want is for OU to do well. Heck if OU has to suck, I would just as soon see Texas a strong team and then beat them.

I don't mind the posts. I just take no joy from Texas sucking. All I want is for OU to do well. Heck if OU has to suck, I would just as soon see Texas a strong team and then beat them.

I wasn't trying to denigrate Texas. Was just comparing the fall of the two.

Texas definitely peaked two soon. They are now 4-6 in their last ten games after starting 20-0.

No one said they took joy from Texas losing a game. But they are possibly more of an inigma than we are.

Texas self destruction is not that big of a surprise. Now falling to 6th was unimaginable but they were overrated when they were top 5. They have no PG, Pittman is the most overrated player in the country and nobody plays a lick of D.

By the end of the season they both could probably have equally worse seasons. Texas was ranked #1 at one time and has tanked ever since and OU has a win over them. So far OU has had the worse season but lets wait until the end of the year, something tells me Texas might not be as good off as some of you think.

Back