How important is the Alaska Shootout?

How important is the Alaska Shootout?

• Total voters

thebigabd

Reaction score
How important is the Alaska Shootout for this team?

I voted "very important," but not because of any seeding advantage they might gain. I believe it's important to these young players' confidence. They need to know they can play – and win– away from LNC.

It's also very important to me personally, since I just can't stand to see my Sooners lose.

I voted "very important," but not because of any seeding advantage they might gain. I believe it's important to these young players' confidence. They need to know they can play – and win– away from LNC.

You beat me to it about the confidence

I'm not really worried about W's and L's, although it sets up for us to go 3-0. I'm worried about getting these guys experience and time to gel as a team. Therefore, I think it's very important.

Important simply because they are not at Lloyd Nobel and we need that experience. The seeding is seconday but still important.

I think it's important just because we can't afford to lose too many non-conference games. We have already lost to VCU and will probably lose at Gonzaga.

I don't think we can afford to lose 4 games in the non-conference or this team will lose confidence and our overall win total will be so low that we'll get a low seed in the tourney and lower our chances of making any noise in the tourney.

Its important for all the reasons above plus the fact that this team can't take any team lightly no matter who it is. Ulm game is a testament to that.roles can be defined. Willie can really cement himself as a leader. And it can start in a place well away from LNC where the quality of competition is enough to challenge them but not so much that , if they play to their ability, they couldn't be successful

Back