How many guys score 20+ for us at some point this year?

McJacknife

Reaction score
With all of the long range shooting we appear to be in store for, it seems that we have a handful of players that will get hot from time to time. Here are my guesses, in order of perceived likelihood:

Warren (duh...)
Crocker
Tommy Mason-Dixon
Pledger
Tiny
Fitz
Cade

I think I'd move Crocker below TMG and Pledger. Heck, I might move Pledger ahead of TMG.

I think we'll be harder to defend this year. We weren't necessarily easy to guard last year, but the N. Carolina game showed that BG couldn't do it all. I like the balance we have this season and, yes, we have a lot of guys that can go off for 20 on any given night.

I just love teh fact we basically got 2 full teams worth of players that can score...

I think I'd move Crocker below TMG and Pledger. Heck, I might move Pledger ahead of TMG.

Why? Tony has done it multiple times in the past. I think it is virtually a given he will do it again this year. TMG and Pledger have never done it in college. I think they both will but I would not move them ahead of Tony Crocker.

Here are the guys that I think will have a 20-pt game this year and how many I think they will have.

Willie Warren - 20
Tiny Gallon - 15
Mason-Griffin - 5
Tony Crocker - 5
Cade Davis - 1
Stephen Pledger - 1

Here are the guys that I think will have a 20-pt game this year and how many I think they will have.

Willie Warren - 20
Tiny Gallon - 15
Mason-Griffin - 5
Tony Crocker - 5
Cade Davis - 1
Stephen Pledger - 1

Good thought..... Mine:

Willie Warren - 18
Tiny Gallon - 8
TMG - 7
Tony Crocker - 5
Cade Davis - 3
Stephen Pledger - 1
Ray Willis - 1
Andrew Fitzgerald - 1

Good thought..... Mine:

Willie Warren - 18
Tiny Gallon - 8
TMG - 7
Tony Crocker - 5
Cade Davis - 3
Stephen Pledger - 1
Ray Willis - 1
Andrew Fitzgerald - 1

I don't think RW gets enough playtime to score that much....I also think that Fitzgerald will have around 5 games he scores 20+

Warren- 20
Gallon- 12
Pledger- 9
Fitz- 5
TMG- at least 5
Crocker- 4-5
I don't think Cade will ever get to 20. He may get to 15 or 18 once or twice though

Last edited:
I think people are overlooking just how well Cade played last night in his limited minutes, on both ends of the floor. I seem to remember hearing about how hard he worked over the summer, so if the way he played last ngiht is any indication, he is in for a pretty big year.

Warren
Crocker
Tiny
TMG

This right here. These are the only guys that we know will get enough shots from game to game to have the opportunity. Maybe Pledge or Cade do it, but without having any idea what their minutes will be like its pretty hard to predict. And Fitz, I absolutely love the guy, but I just don't see him getting enough touches to score 20.

For reference:

Last year, OU had 5 players score over 20:
Blake Griffin - 23 or 24
Willie Warren - 7
Tony Crocker - 4
Austin Johnson - 1
Taylor Griffin - 1

Crocker will get more than that this year, I bet...

I think people are overlooking just how well Cade played last night in his limited minutes, on both ends of the floor. I seem to remember hearing about how hard he worked over the summer, so if the way he played last ngiht is any indication, he is in for a pretty big year.

This seems to happen pretty often, but folks will be quick to bash if he does anything wrong.

Back