Howard to Michigan

Yeah he' s about to get fired. That was on national tv too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Unacceptable. You can’t tolerate that behavior. Ever. He should be fired immediately.

Howard had a closed fist when he was pulled away!

That was an ugly scene!

Yeah, it's definitely a punch. Even the nonsense that led up to the punch should be enough to get him punished, if not fired.

Yeah, it's definitely a punch. Even the nonsense that led up to the punch should be enough to get him punished, if not fired.

The excuse he used during his interview was suspect at best: “somebody touched me!”

Yeah, right! He knows he’s in trouble and he’s trying to justify what he did. And, this is not his first rodeo. I read that he had to be pulled away from an altercation with Mark Turgeon not long ago. Turgeon is another hothead I should add!

The excuse he used during his interview was suspect at best: “somebody touched me!”

Yeah, right! He knows he’s in trouble and he’s trying to justify what he did. And, this is not his first rodeo. I read that he had to be pulled away from an altercation with Mark Turgeon not long ago. Turgeon is another hothead I should add!

I’m just like Juwan, your not gonna “son” me by grabbing me. If you grab me, expect to get grabbed.

I’m just like Juwan, your not gonna “son” me by grabbing me. If you grab me, expect to get grabbed.

That’s bull****. He’s the head coach. How can you tell a player to show restraint when the head coach is throwing haymakers? He’s the leader. If he doesn’t show restraint, nobody will. The players and assistants follow his example.The game was over. He can have a heated exchange without acting like a punk.

And another thing… Howard’s excuse about being touched just doesn’t hold water. He was separated by his own players and then came back to take a swipe at the other coach. It’s reprehensible. He should immediately be fired.

I'm not excusing Howard's behavior......but the Wisconsin coach put his hands on Howard. I don't think anything would have happened if he had just walked through the handshake line.

JMO!

I'm not excusing Howard's behavior......but the Wisconsin coach put his hands on Howard. I don't think anything would have happened if he had just walked through the handshake line.

JMO!

He waited till they were already being separated to punch him. If he punched him basically right after he put his hand on him like that I could maybe see your point. It still wouldn't excuse his punch. He waited till there was enough distance away to throw the punch.

Didn't have any (i think) college coaching experience and at the time i thought there were better hires (i don't remember who). He also just swung on someone and is prolly going to get fired so.. think that was a good call by me IMO. Also going to make the tournament 1 out of 3 seasons..

Didn't have any (i think) college coaching experience and at the time i thought there were better hires (i don't remember who). He also just swung on someone and is prolly going to get fired so.. think that was a good call by me IMO. Also going to make the tournament 1 out of 3 seasons..

In the profession of Billy Gillespie and Rick Pitino getting hired multiple times I would indict Howard for swinging at a coach. I mean I know it’s a new era but Bobby Knight wasn’t an angel. Also in the profession where inexperienced coaches who started out as student managers get the nod over ex players, Howard is more than qualified.

Greg Gard his counterpart at Wisconsin was a baseball player at a D2 program…….. do you feel Gard, a baseball player isn’t qualified to coach basketball?

Niko Medved: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Medved. Tennis player in college.

Last edited:
Lol then you're a child

I’ll be one. No one is gonna grab on me and stsrt chastising me . Would you let me grab on you and start chastising you?

I tell you what, if I see you, let me grab you by the arm and tell you what you should and shouldn’t be upset about. Howard should have addressed Gard ad opposed to the assistant……

Last edited:
In the profession of Billy Gillespie and Rick Pitino getting hired multiple times I would indict Howard for swinging at a coach. I mean I know it’s a new era but Bobby Knight wasn’t an angel. Also in the profession where inexperienced coaches who started out as student managers get the nod over ex players, Howard is more than qualified.

Greg Gard his counterpart at Wisconsin was a baseball player at a D2 program…….. do you feel Gard, a baseball player isn’t qualified to coach basketball?

Niko Medved: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Medved. Tennis player in college.

Yeah i thought the gard hire was weak too

I’ll be one. No one is gonna grab on me and stsrt chastising me . Would you let me grab on you and start chastising you?

I tell you what, if I see you, let me grab you by the arm and tell you what you should and shouldn’t be upset about. Howard should have addressed Gard ad opposed to the assistant……

If I'm having a tantrum, yes

If I'm having a tantrum, yes

We will have to agree to disagree. However, if we ever disagree face to face, let me grab you by the arm and tell you your perspective is wrong. While I’m grabbing you by the arm I expect for you to “comply” and be docile and not be defensive during our exchange.

Howard wasn’t right in hitting the assistant, but personally if that coach grabbed me by my arms as I was walking through, I would have grabbed him by both of his and tossed him over the scorer’s table. As far as the timeout, I wouldn’t have been as mad as Howard, but I don’t know the context.

Back